Chapter 45

ARIANA P.O.V.

I leaned back into my seat as I watched Jhakeem light his blunt. We haven't seen one another in a few weeks, so I knew there would be alot to discuss. I cleared my throat and stared at the blunt. "Can you smoke later?" I asked annoyed. "Why?" "Im pregnant, remember?" He sucked his teeth and put his blunt out. "Oh yeah, that." I rolled my eyes a little and sat up in my seat. "So, why were you gone so long?" I lifted a brow, waiting for a answer.

He fanned me off and sat up. "That ain't important, I wanted to share this new plan with you so you can be onboard." I motioned for him to continue. "I got a inside lead with social services." I frowned. "Social services? Why are you working with them?" He smirked. "I friend of mine works for social services, and he owes me a favor." I was silent, waiting for him to continue.

"I used him to get into contact with someone else who works for social servies, who just so happened to be working on Simone's case." My frown deepned. "Case for what??" "To find her family." A smile spread across my face. "Wait, that's your plan?" He nodded. "And have you found them yet?" He shook his head. "Nah, not yet, but the guy I got should be calling Simone some time today." I chuckled. "There's no need for all that, I know exactly where her family is."

He lifted a brow. "And where is that?" "Here." I simply stated. He rubbed his chin, silent. "When I went over to Augusts' house yesterday, her mother and sister were there, I don't know where the hell they came from, but they were there." He smirked. "Good, one less thing I have to do."

"So what's next?" I leaned into his desk, intrigued with our next move. "Find out where there staying, and I'll handle the rest." I nodded. "What do you mean by handle? last time you said you would "handle" something, you ran somebody over." He chuckled. "Trust me, it's gunna be worse than that." I was silent. "It's a life for a life remember? And I'll get two for the price of one."

SIMONE P.O.V.

I leaned up agaisnt the hotel room door as I watched Kelsey and my mom pack there bags. Since Kelsey lived about 3 hours away, she wasn't leaving until the end of the week, but since my mom lives in Jersey, she's flying back tommorow evening. "You guys got everything?" I tried my best to keep my voice from cracking.

"Yeah, I've been trying to get these boots back in my bag for the past fifteen minutes." Kelsey said. I chuckled. "You got everything mom?" She got up off her knees and nodded. "Mhm, everything's packed away." I nodded and looked down at the ground once I felt my eyes sting. "You okay baby?" I could her my mom walking towards me. "Yeah, Im fine." I kept my eyes to the floor, hoping they couldn't see me crying.

She placed her hand under my chin and slowly lifted my face up. "Don't cry baby." She wiped my tears and smiled. "I know it's going to be hard to see me leave...hell, it's going to be hard leaving both of my girls." I cracked a small smile. "You got my number, and I got yours, and Im going to come visit all the time, especially to see my grandbaby." I nodded. I knew if I tried to speak, I probably would have broke down into tears. "This isn't goodbye, it's more like see you later." I laughed. "Thanks mom."

**************************************

"You good ma? You've been quiet ever since you came back." I shook my head. "Actually Im not." I turned off the stove and faced him. "Im just feeling kind of down since I know Kelsey and my mom will be gone by the end of the week." He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, I know it's hard bae."

"I wish they didn't have to leave so soon, and even though I know it's not gunna to be like last time since were all gunna keep in contact...I just don't want to lose them again." He nodded. "Sometimes I wish there was a way they could stay here." He smirked. "Why are you smiling?"

"I got a suggestion." I nodded. "Okay, let me hear it." "We could all stay here." My eyes widened. "We? Like me too?" He nodded. "Of course." I shook my head. "You, me, my mom and Kelsey all in one house? And I have a baby on the way, that's not going to work." He sighed. "It was a suggestion." I smirked and kissed his cheek. "Thanks baby, but no thanks."

"Ight how about this." He started. "Your mom and Kelsey could both stay here...in the guest house." I frowned. "The guest house?" He smiled as he nodded. "Yeah, it's free, and they can stay there as long as they need to until they get they own spot.

I tilted my head to the side and thought a minute. It wasn't a bad idea once I really thought about it. "That's actually not a bad idea." I started. "But....my mom still doesn't have a job down here, and Kelsey's in school." He sighed. "You act like there ain't no high schools down here, and we can get your mom a job, Im sure." I paused. "Okay I'll tell them, and see what they say." He smirked. "Ight, but under one condition though."

I frowned. "I knew all of this was too good to be true, what?" I placed my hand my on my hip and waited. "You gotta move back in with me." I sighed. "What happened to taking it slow?" "We can still do all that." He said in a chuckle. I shook my head. "Fine, only because I wanna be close to them." He smiled. "And what about my place? I had the baby's room set up already."

"I got about five free rooms in here, pick one, and put a crib in there." He kissed the side my cheek and left the kitchen. I chuckled a little to myself as I reached across the counter for my phone. If living in the guest house was their only chance of staying, then it was worth a shot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Long chapters soon.

The first book of this series got a million reads, Im so shocked .

Vote/Comment!!