Chapter 49

SIMONE P.O.V.

"Do you have everything?" I pushed Kelsey's hair pass her shoulders and buttoned her shirt. "Can you stop?" She asked swatting my hand away. "Im eighteen, not eight, I can dress myself." She said with half a smile. "My bad." I said in a sigh. "I just haven't helped you get dressed for school in so long." She nodded and undid the button, I had buttoned for her.

"Thanks, but I think I got it." She chuckled and turned back towards them mirror. I smirked. Her phone vibrated on the bed beside me. I went to reach for it, but she stopped me. "I got it." I frowned."...Alright well be downstairs in five minutes, mom has to go to work too." She nodded as she lined her eyes with eyeliner. I took a deep breath and turned on my heels, making my way downstairs to see how my mom was doing.

"Well look at you." I said with a wide smile. I found my mom in the kitchen in her nursing uniform, eating a bowl of cereal. "Goodmorning baby." "Morning." I stood beside her, leaning up on the counter. "Is Kelsey almost ready? I don't wanna be late." She looked down at her watch to check the time. "Yeah, I told her she had to be down in 5." She nodded. "Okay."

"So are you excited?" She chuckled. "More nerovus than excited, but that's normal." I nodded in agreement with her. "Your gunna do great today, Im sure." "I hope so, it's a hospital, there's no room for error." I laughed. "True."

"So what's your plans for today?" She rinsed out her bowl and sat in the sink. "Not much, Im going to work for a few hours, then Im going to see Stasia later." She nodded. "Oh okay." I turned my attention to the stairs, once I heard Kelsey on her way down. I smiled once I seen her. "Im ready mom." She said stepping down the last step. My mom nodded and grabbed her keys off the kitchen counter.

"I'll see you later okay?" She kissed me on the cheek and made her way over to the door. "Have a good day y'all." I followed them out the guest house and watched them get into the car and drive off.

ARIANA P.O.V.

"Goodmorning." I sat my purse beside me as I took my ususal seat across from Jahkeem at his desk. "Mornin." He said lowly. "You okay?" I asked with a frown. He slowly looked me up and down before nodding. "Im straight."

"You sure? You seem a little bothered." He fanned me off. "We ain't here to talk about that, who we goin after first?" I sighed at the fact he changed the conversation. "I don't know, I thought you would be the one to tell me." He leaned back in his chair and rubbed his chin. "Who would be easier to get to first?" He asked himself. "How about the mom?" I shrugged. "If that's what you wanna do."

He looked at me with this weird expression and shoook his head. "Anyways." He started. "Do you know what kind of car she drives?" I leaned back in my seat, and looked up at the ceiling, trying to think. "I think it was....a red honda accord." He nodded. "Why'd you need to know that??" I asked in a confused tone.

"You'll find out soon, can you get the license plate number?" I nodded. "Yeah, sure." He cracked a small smile. "Ight, once you get that, I'll handle the rest." I sucked my teeth. "So your not gunna tell me what your gunna do??" He pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "Nah, let yourself out." He placed the phone to his ear and shooed me away.

I snatched my bag up off the floor and stormed out of his office. I didn't know what was wrong with him, but he didn't have to take it out on me.

SIMONE P.O.V

"So, you know your birthaday's coming up." Stasia said, taking a seat next to me on the couch."I know." I flipped another page of the magazine I was reading. "Your turning 24, can you act like your excited please?" I chuckled. "It's not that Im not excited, I juts don't really care about my birthday this year." Stasia frowned. "Why not?"