Chapter 5

I walked around the shop in the worse mood ever. Since my confession to August yesterday, I haven't been able to think straight. I kept replaying the whole situation in my head and that seemed to make it worse. "You alright girl?" I heard Ellis say behind me. I sighed and nodded. "Im fine." Kerri shook her head. "Uh uh, something's up, what's going on, we know how you look when your mad." I sat on the usual couch we use to gossip and waited for them to follow me.

"Okay, what's going on?" Ellis asked plopping himself back on the couch. "I told August everything." Both of their brows shot up. "What? When?!" I sighed and folded my arms across my chest. "Yesterday." "And how did he take it?" I shook my head. "Terrible."I said in a mumble. "Terrible? Explain." Kerri sat back and waited for me to start talking. "I didn't have any intention of telling him yesterday, but he came over because Ariana made him." Ellis frowned and sat up. "Ariana? What that hoe gotta do with this?" I sighed and lifted my hand up, signaling him to wait until I was finished.

"I ran into Ariana at the doctor's, and she saw me with...." I trailed off. I sat back in my seat silent. In that moment I realized I never told Kerri or Ellis about the abortion thing I was considering. "Saw you with what?" Kerri asked. "Spit it out chile, we don't got all day." Ellis added. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Alright, let me just start from the beginning, but promise me you guys won't be upset once I say this." Kerri nodded. "I promise." I looked over at Ellis, who was picking at his nails. "Do you promise to?" Ellis shook his head. "Hell nah, you know ima say something if I don't like it." I sighed and fanned him off. "Whatever, okay this is what happened."

"I had a moment of weakness, and went to see my doctor about...possibly...having a abortion." Kerri's eyes grew wide. "A abortion?!" She whisper-yelled. I shushed her. "Yes a abortion, and could you be any louder?" I asked looking around. "Like I said, I was having a moment of weakness." Ellis sucked his teeth. "You mean you was having a moment of I lost my damn mind." I rolled my eyes. "Can I finish?" I snapped. I cleared my throat and went back to my story. "I met with my doctor and he told me there was some pills I could take to end my pregnancy. I decided to get them and I bumped into Ariana and see saw them." Kerri shook her head.

"So she ran back to August and told him you were getting a abortion? How is that any of his business?" Kerri asked with a frown. "She told him to come talk to me about changing my mind." Ellis smacked his lips. "Chile please, who she think she is, captain save-a-hoe?" I shrugged. "I guess so, but when he came over, we got into in and he called me selfish, so I decided not to be selfish anymore and tell him what was up." Ellis shook his head. "I know you ain't just spring it on him like that, no wonder his ass is mad." Kerri nodded, agreeing with Ellis. "You were angry, and I get it, but damn Simone, that's just not something you blurt out." I sighed and got up from the couch. "I know it's not, but if he wasn't being such a ass when I tried to tell him, none of this would be happening."

I turned around and walked away, I sighed once I heard Ellis and Kerri following me. "So what are you gunna do? Are you gunna call him?" I turned around and frowned. "No, I have no reason to, he made it clear that he didn't want Ariana to hear about it, so I basically have to stay away until I really need something." Kerri shook her head. "That doesn't sound like August." I shrugged. "Well that's what he said."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked through my front door and kicked my shoes off. "Can you ever take your shoes off like a normal person?" Trey asked in a chuckle. "Im pregnant Trey, deal with it." He chucked again and shook his head. "You been doing that way before you got pregnant Simone." I shrugged and sat down on the couch. "Where you going?" Trey stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Uh, to the bathroom remember? It's the whole reason I came upstairs." I nodded. "Use the guest bathroom." I motioned to the hallway and waited for Trey to move. He looked at the hallway and back at me. "I can't use your bathroom anymore?" He asked with a smirk.