Ch. 57 ~ New York

Ian POV

"She's in Room 562. It's just her and the boy. She hasn't left the room since she checked in and it doesn't seem that she has been in contact with Zara," Josh said. He was one of Cason's men assigned to watch Sabrina.

"We have surveillance set up outside and inside. When we sent the runner in, we had a guy dressed up like maintenance doing an inspection so we have several bugs and a recorder in the phone."

"Seems like you have all bases covered," I said taking a seat in the room across the hall from Sabrina's.

"Any word on Zara and when she will be landing?" Cason asked standing next to me.

"No. We have checked all arrivals into New York and she doesn't fit any of the descriptions of any of the passengers," Josh said.

"What about private planes?"

"We are still going through the manifests but we should have more information soon."

"We can't afford to let her skip through our fingers."

"I understand."

"So what do we do now?" I asked leaning back on the sofa.

"Wait for Zara to get here or wait on Sabrina to make the next move," Cason said taking a seat next to me.

"We have given Zara long enough Cason. She has been fucking with my life for way too long and it needs to stop now."

"We can't just go over there and hold her hostage. We did that and she found a way to get away. What about Eric? What will happen to him if Sabrina loses it or Zara doesn't show up? Who will care for him?"

I looked at Cason. "I want Eric DNA tested."

"What difference will that make Ian?"

"If he is my brother I will support him if not I need to find his real parents."

"Why do you think he's not your brother?"

"This feeling I have. I don't trust shit that comes out of Zara's mouth. I think she's manipulating me. She thinks she has the upper hand but she has no idea who she is fucking with. She probably thinks I won't kill her because Eric is hers but she will have to think again."

"What do you want us to do?"

"Stay here."

"Where are you going Ian?"

"I can't sit here. My life is in fucking limbo right now. My father and Zara think they are winning this game but I am about to show them that they are about to lose," I said getting up.

My phone rang and I looked at the incoming call. "Speak."

"Everything's ready as requested," the voice on the other line said.

"Three days max," I said.

"No problem see you then," he said hanging up. I slide my phone in my pocket and started walking to the door.

"Need assistance?"

"Nah, just be ready when I come back." I opened up the door and saw a janitor coming my way.

"Maybe you can help me," I said walking up to the mid age gentleman.

"Yes sir can I help you?"

"There is a leak in 562 that my girlfriend has been complaining about all morning, could you have someone look at it? I totally forgot my key in the room."

"Sure let me get my key card and I can have that fixed up right away."

"Thank you. She's sleep so I don't want to wake her," I said with a smile.