Ch. 45 ~ Loss Pain and Regrets

Ian POV

I stared at the nurse in disbelief. I saw her mouth moving but there was nothing but silence. Death had come in and taken control only to leave destruction in it's wake. My legs felt shaky as my mind fought for my own reality. I blinked a couple times as my heart pounded in my chest like a tornado.

"I'm so sorry sir, they tried everything."

Those were the words that repeated nonstop in my head. What was everything? Was this a setup? Was she telling the truth or trying to justify a reason why Death came in smiling as he took the souls away to a place where they could never return? The tears slowly fell from my eyes making it impossible to see.

My life was no longer my own. The manifestation of revenge swirled up in my gut leaving me breathless. People would pay for this even if I had to tear them apart in a slow and painful way. No more Mr. Nice Guy. They would regret the day they fucked with Ian Harrington.

"The doctor will be out shortly to explain."

Cason walked over to me as I sat in the hard plastic chair. The family that I was so excited about was now gone all because of Zara. She had inflicted this heartache into my life. She should have stayed dead and buried.

"Ian?"

I looked up to see Tiffany, Mona's godsister and physician.

She walked up to me in her scrubs and gave me a hug.

"She is in ICU. She lost a lot of blood but we were able to get her vitals back up. The baby was so little and with the blood lost, we couldn't save him."

I was having a son. A little boy created out of love with the woman I loved. Now that reality was gone.

"A son?" My words became babble as my mind tried to wrap itself around the thought of having a son. No one would see him take his first breath in this world. I would never get to hold him and tell him how much I loved him. How could someone take that away from me?

Then my thoughts drifted to Mona. She would never get to touch him or feel the love of her child that she had a special bond with. No more a son that would call me dad as I taught him the ways of life. The son that would know that he was loved by both parents and would never have to doubt that love was no longer a reality but now just a distant memory.

"I'm so sorry Ian. I tried everything because I knew how much you two love each other and wanted this baby. I can't phantom the disappointment. Maybe later on you two can try again," she said wiping her tears.

"Tiffany, is my baby okay?" I heard Ann say from behind me. I couldn't look back to see the pain across her face.

"She is in ICU. We had to give her a blood transfusion. Her leg was sprang not broken so it's wrapped up. Once she's awake I will let you know."

"Thanks Tiffany," I said sitting back down.

Ann walked over to Tiffany as they hugged and talked.

So many emotions were going through me. I was happy that Mona was still alive, but I also wanted us to share in that moment of giving birth to our son. I needed to be here when she woke up, but my thoughts were playing back the phone call with Zara.

"You have three hours or you are going to regret fucking with me. I have tried to be nice, but you are forcing my hand."

"Zara you and your so called boyfriend don't scare me."

"Oh really? Well let's just see when Mrs. Harrington and your unborn child won't see tomorrow."

"You touch my wife and child, you will die a slow and miserable death by my hands not by someone else's. Fuck with me Zara because when I see you, you are going to wish you would have died in that car accident."