Ch. 40 ~ Sinful

Ian

"What do you mean I can't leave the house?" Mona said looking at me crazy. I had told her about the call with Zara.

"Look if what she is saying about you being in danger, I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. I can't afford to lose you or our baby."

"I think she is full of shit if you ask me," she said pissed off.

"I don't know that for sure and I'm not taking any chances. Same thing with your mother, I think she should stay here with us until we can come to a resolution."

"My mother stay here, are you crazy? She will run us both bonkers. Try making her stay inside, she will cut you. You do know my mother is an undercover Hood Mama right?"

"Whatever she is, we can keep her safe, hood or no hood."

"I have reports that are due, inspections to oversee, I have been out the office for weeks."

"Look, we have capable people to do the work. Don't make this a difficult situation. I am your husband and I will protect you."

"I love when you get all authoritative. It's a big turn on," she said with that sly grin.

"I'm serious Mona."

"Fine but I am going with you when you meet this heifer."

"No you are not. It could be a trap and if anything was to happen to you not only would I kill somebody your mother would have a stroke. My goal is to keep you safe. If you want to work from home I will bring you whatever you need."

"I have a doctors appointment tomorrow."

"Fine I will take you."

"You have several meetings tomorrow. Mom and I can go."

"Nope, I will cancel or get someone else to attend."

"This is going to suck," she said with a groan.

"You will be okay. As soon as I find out what is up then you can go back to your regular routine." I kissed her and hugged her.

"I promise everything will be fine."

"Okay," she said looking up a me.

The next day.....

Mona POV

"I'm here," Lexi said pulling up to the salon.

"Just play it cool. Check out everything and don't tell Zara you know me."

"Is this bitch crazy? I need to know what I am walking into here."

"She messes with Darren of course she's crazy. I would do it but she knows my face and Ian has me on level five lockdown in this big ass house for gods knows how long. I love this house but two days of unpacking is driving me nuts and then I have to hear Ann's mouth, I need some holy water. I know why I moved to my own place now."

I could hear Lexi laughing on the other end.

"If you call and I don't answer, I'm in the doctor's office. I better go before Ian, The Warden catches me plotting. Don't forget if you hear her talking make sure you listen.

"Okay," she said and we hung up.

Two hours later....

"Hello, I'm Dr. Plaissance, it's a pleasure to meet you both," she said walking in and shaking our hands.

Dr. Plaissance checked out everything and I had officially completed my first trimester and into my second week of my second trimester. I only had a little baby bump but everything was fine. The only thing I did know was that I was starving. We listened to the heartbeat and she took pictures. An hour later we were headed to eat.