Ch. 41 ~ Ian's Other Side (Part One)

Ian

We had just arrived in Atlanta. Once the plane's door opened three black town cars were waiting. I looked up to see Cason.

Cason Oliver, or as everyone called him Nedra's boy toy and one of my dearest friends stood next to the middle car and came over to me as soon as I hit the stairs.

"Hey man," Cason said giving me a handshake and hug.

"Thanks for doing this for me," I said pulling back.

"That's what boys are for." I hired Cason and his security group to keep an eye out for Mona and Ann. There were some things I needed to take care of that would have me away from her.

I escorted Mona and her mother off the plane. Mona hugged Cason and introductions were made.

"I had an emergency phone call while we were on the plane. Cason owns a security firm and he and his men are going to watch over you and your mom until we leave Atlanta," I said.

"Is this really necessary?"

"Mona we discussed this."

"I know but you are way over the top with this. We are just going to the hospital and my mom's house. Nothing bad will happen."

"Well humor me. Just do what I ask for once. Think about our baby. Who knows who shot your grandfather and they could be coming for someone else in the family."

"Okay, okay, okay."

"That's my girl. Cason will drive you two to the hospital. I will meet you there real soon. Tell your grandmother to hang in there."

"Where are you going Ian?"

"Some financial stuff to take care of that can't wait. I promise, give me a couple of hours and I will be by your side."

She kissed and hugged me.

"I promised I won't be long. Your grandfather is in good hands. I love you, now go."

She nodded and got in the car with her mom.

"She's in good hands. I will protect her," Cason said giving me a farewell handshake.

"Please do. I don't trust Zara or her goon of a boyfriend."

"I can have Peter and Drew watch her if you need me man."

"No, she likes you and I think she will listen to you if need be. She can be stubborn and mouthy."

He laughed. "Gotcha. Sam will drive you. He's one of my best so if you need a hand, he can handle himself. Be safe because I've heard of Darren and from what they have told me, he's getting bigger and bigger in the game."

"Thanks but I'm not worried about him, I just need to handle Zara."

"Well if you do that, Darren will be in the picture."

"I've met him, he's a weasel. He can be taken out easily. I better get going." He dapped me up one more time and I got in the car.

I arrived at this fancy medical center. I walked in and there was a nurse sitting at the front desk.

"Hello, do you have an appointment?" She asked smiling.

"Actually I don't. Dr. Wallace was my family's doctor and I was in town and wanted to see him for a minute. Can you tell him that Ian Harrington is here?" I smiled at her.

She blushed and got up. "I will check to see if he is still with a patient."

"Thank you. You are very kind," I said smiling again. She smiled back as I could see her cheeks turning darker and a pep in her step. A few minutes later she came back and opened the door.