Ch. 49 ~ Connections

Ian POV

"It's done," Cason said as I hung up the phone.

I looked at Mona as she rested. In this short time of knowing her, I knew deep down she was the only one for me. I thought I was in love with Zara but she never fully owned my heart like Mona.

I had gotten the news that my mother was in a small hospital not far from here. With Zara and her psychopaths running around, plans had changed.

"You okay?" Mona asked looking at me.

"Yeah."

"Have they moved your mother yet?"

"Yes."

"You need to check up on her."

"Cason has several people watching her. I need to be here for you."

"Ian, you haven't seen your mother in over twenty years. You need to go to her."

"You need me more. She may not even recognize me. She has been sedated for twenty years. My dad and his doctor friends said she had all these illnesses and when I stepped in, there was nothing wrong with her."

"That's the chance you have to take. She's been alone for so long and I bet when she sees your face, the memories are going to come flooding back. Your dad is a monster and you are nothing like him. He will get what's coming to him. "

"But what if..."

"I love you Ian, but you are going to give yourself an ulcer. At least go check on her. I promise I won't go anywhere. The doctor is going to release me at noon tomorrow."

"Are you sure?"

"Ian."

"Okay Cason is on his way back and when he comes I will go."

"You are suppose to be excited. I'm excited for you," she said with a little smile.

"Really?"

"Ian there has been so much death and negativity, we need something good and positive to focus on. Getting to see your mother again and me getting to meet her is a miracle. Don't get me wrong, losing my Papa and our baby hurts but I know how much we love each other and it's what's going to get us through this."

I leaned down and kissed her. I was blessed to have her in my life. I knew once my mother met her, she would be happy for me.

"I love you," I whispered against her lips.

"I love you too."

The door opened and Cason walked in.

"Didn't mean to interrupt."

"No you're fine. I told Ian that he needed to see his mother."

"She is resting and actually alert. Sam will take you to her. He's right outside," Cason said standing next to her bed.

"Will you stay with Mona until I get back?"

"Of course."

"Thanks."

I walked out to see Sam and he nodded. I followed him out and got into a camero.

"Where's the other car?"

"Had to get it detailed."

"Oh," was all I said. I could only imagine what he did to that bomber. To be honest I didn't want to know.

"I just spoke to Peter and he wants to know what you want to do with the girl and little boy."

"Probably take her and the boy somewhere else. When Mona gets out tomorrow, Zara days are numbered."