Ch. 36 ~ Partners in Crime

Ian POV

It had definitely been a shitty day. The news about Zara had me walking in a daze and I still had shit on my desk to review. Realizing my father was never coming back had me with a heavy heart. After getting the news about Zara, I made some calls. I had officially called my lawyer to draw up papers. Zara had taken her last dime from my company.

I pulled up to the house and rested my head against the steering wheel. This had to be the most emotional day of my life. I felt the heavy weights of life pulling me down and no matter how hard I tried, I kept sinking farther and farther down.

So many questions were set before me without any answers. Did I love Zara, yes but the feeling on why she deserted me stung me to the core. Why wasn't I good enough for her? I gave her everything including my heart and she played me for the fool. I thought what we had was special.

When I got that called telling me she was dead, my world was turned upside down. I was numb. So many nights I cried myself to sleep thinking the love of my life was taken away. It felt like someone had ripped my heart out and stabbed it Into a thousand pieces and tossed it away like trash. I had blamed God so many times for the loss of having her in my life, I was dead and I wasn't sure if I could ever love again.

Then I met Mona and the happiness I once desired had returned tenfold. I was no longer numb but having the feeling of being wanted again brought back the joy I once felt. Having someone to share your thoughts, body and soul with was comforting and it slowly eased away the pain. I knew what true happiness was and I never wanted to let it go.

I had to tell Mona because I promised her I wouldn't keep her in the dark. How she felt after I gave the news was the part I was most afraid of. I couldn't lose her because if I did, I wouldn't know what to do. I couldn't afford to lose her as she was the air I breathed. I would fight for her until my dying breath.

The lights were off in the house so I figured she was sleep. I pulled up and parked in the garage and got out. My footsteps became like heavy cement blocks as I walked up to the door.

I opened the door to find a candlelit table with plates and glasses. I looked around and saw Mona standing there in a long black silk robe. Her hair was pinned up and her makeup was flawless. She looked so beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She took my breath away standing with that sexy smile of hers.

"Hey baby?" She said walking up to me and handing me a glass of wine. I put down my briefcase and took the glass only to sit it down on the counter. I pulled her in my arms and kissed her. I needed to feel her against me.

She moaned in my mouth as I unpinned her hair and untied her robe. She was wearing a black lacy panty set underneath. My hands explored her body as it reproduced her outline.

I slowly pulled away. I took my coat off and pulled open my shirt and took off my pants.

"I need you right now. I need to touch you and be inside of you in the worst way."

She looked at me puzzled. I lifted her up on the counter and kissed her. I kissed her down her neck until I got to her breasts. Somehow the flood gates of emotions released within me causing me the to rip her bra and panties into shreads.

"Baby what's wrong?" She said in a worried voice. I pulled back and the tears flowed from my eyes.

"Baby talk to me," she said reaching for me. I walked into her awaiting arms and cried. All the emotions of Zara's lies and deception, my father's death and the possibility of Mona leaving was enough to make me want to scream.

"Shh, I got you. Shh," she whispered in my ear.

I didn't know how long I cried but I felt the love she had for me. She eased off the counter and slipped her robe back on. She grabbed my hand and lead me to the bedroom. I felt the fog slowly taking me by surprise. I couldn't look left or right just straight but the path was slowly closing in on me.