Caught

Sierra's POV:

"Okay, no more ice," Harry pulled the make-shift ice pack from his chest.  "I'm going to get frost bite,"

"Harry, you have to keep it on there,"

"Why?" he smirked.  "It's definitely not making it hurt any less,"

"I don't know why," I crinkled my nose.  "I just know when things are broken or whatever you're supposed to put ice on them,"

The two of us were sitting outside on the balcony, so Kaylyn could sleep. I was able to convince Harry to keep the ice pack on his chest for a little while atleast, but he was complaining every couple of minutes about how cold it was.

I had tried numerous times to convince him to lay down on the lounge chair, but he insisted that he needed to sit up.  He swore that if he laid down he wouldn't be able to bear the pain of having to sit back up.

"Remind me never to count on you as a doctor," he said with a chuckle.

I sighed. Usually I would have atleast pretended to giggle, but the night's events were finally catching up with me.  I was scared of what was going to happen next or what the outcome of everything would be.  I hated the fact that Kaylyn refused to go to the hospital, the authorities needed to know what happened,  and she needed to be checked out by a doctor.  But, I couldn't force her.

"You okay?" Harry winced as he switched positions in the chair he was sitting in.  "Fuck," he growled, as a pained expression covered his face.

"I'm fine, compared to you anyway," I forced a half smile.  "I'm just worried about Kaylyn,"

"Me too," he nodded, looking through the glass door at her sleeping form.  "I'm having a little trouble believing that this is happening,"

I nodded, then felt a familiar vibration in the back pocket of my shorts.  I reached back and took out my iphone.

"Oh boy," I sighed and made a face at Harry, putting the phone to my ear.  "Hello?"

"My dear girl! Please, tell me that you're okay!"  There was panic in his voice.  I could only imagine how worried he must have been.

"Yes, Uncle Simon, I'm fine," I replied.

"Where's Kaylyn?  I called her a couple of times, but she hasn't answered,"

"She's sleeping," I explained. 

"Has she gone to the hospital?"

"No," I replied.  A part of me hoped that he would somehow force her.  "She says she doesn't want that kind of publicity for the band,"

"Oh boy," he sighed.  I knew my Uncle well enough to know that he was probably sitting at his desk, pinching the bridge of his nose.  "Well, just let her sleep for tonight.  I'll have Paul try to convince her in the morning,"

"Okay, I'll work on it again too," Harry stood up, wincing in pain and mouthed to me that he was going inside to get some water, I nodded.

"I booked a flight for you, Paul will have you at the airport by 9am,"

"What?" I crinkled my face.  "No way,"

"Sierra, I sent you on the road with them so you wouldn't be put in any dangerous situations, obviously it wasn't a very good idea,"

"Simon," I said sternly, turning to look over the balcony at the city below, mostly because I didn't want Harry to hear what I was saying.  "Please don't make me leave,"

"Sierra-"

I cut him off.  "Uncle Simon, please don't make me beg.  I know that a couple of days ago I hated this arrangement, but I've made some friends and they need me now,"