Return

Niall’s POV:

By the time I made it off the elevator it was already just a little past 8pm. And of course, Louis and Liam were waiting in the hallway, both with questioning glares.

“Where have you been, young man?” Louis raised an eyebrow.

“Out.” I replied and I’m sure they noticed the smirk on my face.

“With?” Liam asked.

“Who wants to know?” I asked, sliding my keycard in the door.

“Me!” Harry emerged from the door of his room.

“And me,” Zayn added from behind him.

“Oh god,” I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. The plan I had was to close the door before they could get in, but Louis foiled that by wedging his foot against the door. 

“After you,” he smiled at Liam with a nod.

“Oh, well thank you.” Liam grinned and came into my room, the other 3 boys following him.

“What is it that you boys want, exactly?” I asked, throwing my hat onto the dresser and kicking my shoes off.

“We thought you were supposed to be sleeping all day,” Harry replied, sitting on the edge of the bed next to Liam.

“That was the plan, but I decided to go out instead.”

“Oh come on,” Zayn smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.  “Niall Horan never hangs out by himself.”

“I guess there’s a first time for everything,” I shrugged and moved to open the door to the balcony, craving the fresh air.

“Bullshit,” Louis said through a fake cough.

“What?” I raised my hands.

“You’ve been out with a girl!”

“Have not,” I blushed.

“Oh my god!” Liam laughed. “The Horan cheeks are turning red! Yes you have!”

“Don’t you guys have better things to do than bug me? Shouldn’t you and Tommo be on the phone with your girlfriends?” I used my hand to wave between him and Louis.

“They’re sleeping,” Louis said, matter of factly.  “What’s her name?”

“What is it that you all are suspecting, exactly?”

“Sierra said that you were getting quite friendly with the barista in the coffee shop yesterday.” Harry explained.

“Sierra?” I felt my cheeks flush even more and I sighed.  “Tell her that I said she has a big mouth.”

“So, you were out with her?” Zayn raised an eyebrow with much emphasis on the ‘were’.

“Does it really matter?”

“Ummm….” Louis made a sarcastic face, staring at the ceiling, then snapped his head back at me. “Duh!”

“We’ve just been worried about you,” Liam explained.  “If you’re seeing someone new…then-“

“Then what?” I asked.

“Well,” he shrugged. “It may be a little soon, but it’s your life.”

“Soon?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. “Katelyn and I were supposed to be taking a break.  She’s the one who doesn’t want to talk to me!  I text her the day that she left and she asked me to leave her alone! I’m not waiting around!”