WTF

Zayn’s POV:

I woke up early the next morning, finding Kaylyn’s spot next to me empty.  Letting out a groan, I rolled over and looked to the bedside clock, finding that it was just barely after 5am.   A gentle glow of light came from under the bathroom door and I sat up, hearing the shower running.

I snuck into the bathroom and stripped off my boxers, Kaylyn jumped when she felt my arms wrap around her waist. “Good morning, gorgeous…” I whispered, pecking a kiss just below her ear.

“You scared the crap out of me,” she sighed, relaxing in my arms.

“Sorry,” I said, nuzzling my nose against her neck. “You left me in bed…all alone.”

“That’s because I have to get ready for work,” she replied turning to face me and lacing her fingers with mine.

“This early? It’s barely 5, love.” I pouted my bottom lip at her.

“Sierra woke me up early,” she smiled.  “She’s never been to New York, so we’re gonna get coffee and go for a walk in Central Park.”

“Oh,” I nodded. “I see.”

Her arms reached up to loop around my neck.  “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I pecked a kiss on her nose, resting my hands on her hips.

“You got in just as I was getting out, though,” she grinned and moved to leave me in the shower.

“I see how it is,” I chuckled, then reached to grab the shampoo and lather it into my hair.  “What do we have today?”

“Two interviews,” she called from the other room.  “Then, rehearsals.”

“That’s it?  I thought we’d be much busier today.”

“That’s tomorrow, love,” her voice came from just the other side of the shower curtain now.  “There’s more interviews, rehearsals, and a photo shoot.”

I rinsed off and reached out to grab a towel to wrap around my waist and stepped out.  Kaylyn stood infront of the mirror, still wrapped in her own towel,  putting her makeup on.

“I don’t understand why you’re putting that crap on,” I said softly, resting my chin on her shoulder and looking at her in the mirror. “You don’t need it.”

She playfully rolled her eyes. “You always say that and it’s actually kinda cheesy.”

“Cheesy?” I faked a pained expression at her. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Don’t need makeup…to cover up…” she mocked in a sing song voice.

“Oh dear god,” I laughed.  “Don’t quit your day job.  Leave the singing to me.”

“Ouch,” she giggled. “Do I suck that bad?”

I pecked a kiss on her shoulder and turned to the door. “I’m not answering that.” I moved to dig through my suitcase for clean clothes.

“Yeah, better not,” she stood in the doorway.  “You’re not going back to bed?”

“Nah,” I shrugged. “I’m sure Liam’s up by now…I’m gonna see if he wants to grab some breakfast.”

“Oh,” she replied, then looked back to the clock.  “Are you…in a hurry to do that?”

“No,” I shook my head and looked up to her. “Why?”

“Well…” she smirked.  “I don’t have to meet Sierra for almost an hour.”

“What are you suggesting?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.