Chapter 24

Unedited

 This chapter has a few mentions of sexual stuff, but I didn't think it was enough to put a '<3'

Masons POV: 

        I wake up feeling completely safe and happy. I look up groggily and see Stephan's smiling face, and I lean up and kiss him. 

        "I love you." I whisper when we pull away, but our faces are still close together. I know I most likely have morning breath, but right now I don't care. 

        "I love you to, beautiful." He says back, wrapping his bare arm tighter around my waist, and pressing my body up against his. 

        And that's when I realize that Stephan is completely naked. And I'm only in his boxers and T-shirt. I blush and stare up at him like he's insane. 

        "Why are you naked?" I ask, and he chuckles smiling at me. 

        "I must've shifted in my sleep last night, sorry beautiful I havn't gotten dressed yet." He says, looking apologetic but making no move to get up. 

        "Just put boxers on at least." I say, chuckling nervously, my face bright red. 

        "Why don't we both just lay here naked. You know I wouldn't do anything you didn't want, but I like feeling my skin against yours." He whispers and I can't help but nod at how fricking adorable that was. 

        "I guess. But I'm not getting completely naked." I say. 

        "Aw. Why not?" He pouts, and I almost start laughing until I see that he is being completely serious. 

        "Um, I don't know. I just- uh. I don't..." I whisper. I really have no reason to not just lay naked next to my mate. 

        "Shh, baby. It's okay, I've got you." He whispers as his hand trails up my side, and when he reached the top of my ribs he sat up, bringing me with him, and pulled my shirt over my head and threw it on the floor. I then lifted up my hips to help him get his boxers off of me. 

           I'm bright red, but his eyes don't leave mine once as we lay back down under the blankets. He wraps his arm around my bare waist and brought me closer so we were pressed right up against each other. I know why he wanted to do this now, the shocks that shot through my skin every place we touched was amazing. It made me feel as though I was flying almost, and I loved it. 

        "I love how much you trust me beautiful. I know this has been hard for you, and I am so damn proud to call you mine.' He whispers and leans down to kiss me before I respond. 

        "Of course I trust you, you're my mate." He beams at that, and then we just lay there for awhile. Just holding each other close, and enjoying each others presence.

        *        *        *        *        *

        I guess we must have fallen asleep because when I wake up again, we were in the same position. I cuddle deeper into him, just wanting to ignore the world today. 

        "I wish, baby. But we both know that one of our friends will most likely stop by like always." Stephan whispers, and I'm not even surprised anymore because I know he like to watch me sleep. The little creep. 

        "Why can't they get lives." I grumble and he chuckles and wraps his arms tighter around me. 

        "I don't know, my love." He whispers. 

        "You know." I say suddenly moving up so we are at eye level. "I don't think you've ever called me by my name. It's always been a pet name."