Chapter 20

Unedited

Stephan's POV:

We all got into Sadies bus. Literally, she drives a small school bus painted black, with some of the comfiest seats ever in the back. When we get to the bar, 'Sundown' we all get out and go to the bouncer. 

"Sorry guys, I don't think you're old enough to go in there." The large man by the door said. Mason and Michael cleared there throats, and the guy smiled. "My god, Rickle and Holmes." 

"Yeah, you mind not telling anyone where here?" Michael asks slowly. 

"Of course not, big fan by the way."  He says smiling largely and steps aside and opens the door. 

We all walk in and sit in a large booth. 

"What the hell was that?" Sadie asks. 

"We're kind of a big deal." Michael says, popping a peanut in his mouth, snuggling into Zev's side, just as Mason was to me. 

"Holy shit, you're hot." A petite waitress says to me, and Mason lowers his head. 

"My boyfriend thinks so to." I say wrapping my arm around Mason, and he smiles up at me. 

"Oh my god, Mason Rickle, and Michael Holmes." She says and Mason surprisingly smiles confidently. 

"And Mary Lockwood! Come on, I want to be a big deal." Mary pouts, and Andy just wraps his arms around her. 

"Hi. You just called my boyfriend hot." He says and the girl frowns. 

"I'm so sorry, I'm a big fan." She says nervous. 

"It's alright, Mason the forgiving, right?" Mason laughs. 

"Long live the king." Michael says, and Mary, Kylee, and the Waitress say it back all laughing. 

"Your orders?" The girl asks and we all order a soda of some sort. 

We all talk for a bit, Mason smiling. I love him. 

"Love you to." Mason says back to me. 

"That's adorable, Hi, John Harper. Owner of Sundown, and I was wondering if maybe Mason would sing something for us?" He asks, looking at Mason. Before he can respond Mary responds

"He would love to." She smiles. 

"Great, you know where the stage is, whenever you're ready." The man smiles and leaves. 

"Mary, no." Mason panics. 

"Mason, yes. I know my best friend and I know you miss Nacho Piano. You know always smells like nacho cheese and no one owns it, it just showed up?" She laughs. 

"I know, I came up with the name." He grumbles dropping his head on the table. 

"Mason Rickle. You are the best musician this town has ever seen. No offence Michael, but it's true. And you are getting back on that stage, where you belong, one more time even if I have to drag you." Kylee says, and Mason looks up. 

"We're all here to catch you if you fall. It'll come naturally. It'll be okay, just go." Mary whispers, and since Mason was on the edge he slowly stood up and walked shakily to the stage. 

Oh My God. I was going to hear my mate sing. 

He sits down at the large black piano and hesitantly runs his fingers along the keyboard, not making any noise. He adjusted the mike, looking back at me. 

I nod and smile and he turns back and closes his eyes. 

He starts playing a sad tune. then he starts singing.