Chapter 7

Unedited

Stephan's POV: 

I wake up, feeling scared, vulnerable, and sad, deep inside. Which meant...

Mason. 

I bolt up, looking at the clock on the Blueray on my way into his room. Its 4:36am. I've been asleep about 2-3 hours. 

I open the door to his room to see him crying, and trembling in his sleep. He's in a fatal position, and my heart breaks at the sight of my shaking mate. 

I quickly go to his side, and  bring him into my arms. 

"Mason, beautiful it's me. You're safe. You're with me." I say quickly placing him in my lap and tighten my arms around his waist. I kiss his head. "Come on, baby. Wake up. You're not there anymore." 

I see my mates beautiful blue eyes slowly blink up at me, and his tears slowly fall from them. 

"I've got you, beautiful." I say, smiling sadly at him. 

"Stephan?" He questions, and then he jumps and wraps his arms around my neck holding me close to him. He nuzzles his face against my cheek. 

"No ones ever been able to wake me up from a nightmare before..." He whispers, gratfully. 

"Well, I'm not just anyone, baby. I'll always keep you safe. From anything." I say honestly, holding him tighter, careful not to hurt him. 

"St-stay." He whispers. 

"I am baby, I'm not leaving." I respond. 

"No, I mean here, with me. I don't want to be alone." He says. 

"Are you sure?" I ask. Of course I want to stay with my mate, but I had to make sure he meant it first, I don't want to push my boundaries. 

"Yes. Please, stay with me, Stephan." When he whimpered my name, I was done. 

"Okay baby, of course. I wont leave." I said honestly. 

I move so where laying on the bed under the sheets. He curls into me, his head on my chest, and his arm laying across my torso, holding me close. Our legs tangled together. I wrapped both my arms around his shaking form. He's still gasping for air from the terrors in his mind. 

"Go to sleep, baby. I'll keep you safe." I whispered in his ear. 

He slowly quieted, and then his breathing calmed by the gentleness of his breaths I could tell he was asleep. I stayed awake for a few minutes, just watching my mate sleep. I was happy to see he was sleeping peacefully, instead of the normal scared feeling I normally have. He was content in my arms. And with that thought, I went to sleep myself. 

**

Masons POV: 

I woke up in Stephan's arms, feeling... Happy? 

Holy shit, I didn't wake up crying to my alarm clock. 

Then I remembered this morning, how he stopped me from having a night mare, how Lucy never could wake me up. 

I felt safe, and I never want to leave. I want to stay here, with him, forever. 

"Me too." Stephan mumbles, and I look up to see him smiling gently at me.

"How long have you been up?" I say. 

"About 10 minutes." He says yawning. 

I smile up him, and move up, so our heads are next to each other. He smiles at me and moves closer. His arms around my waist brought me closer so our abdomens were touching, as was our chests, and our legs were already tangled together.