Chapter 8

Unedited

Masons POV:

I was laying on my couch, listening to Pandora when my phone started ringing. I sit up and lean over the couch to the side table that had my phone on it and answer. 

"Hello?" I say. 

"Hey little bro. Tell me about this morning." 

"Well, we ended up sleeping in my bed, and then we went out to breakfast. And no we did't have sex." Is it sad I felt the need to add that?

"Okay whatever, I didn't think Mr. goodie-goodie would anyway. But this morning, breakfast. Where'd you go, what did you have?" She asks. 

"We went to this little dinner and I had a one egg omelet." I said truthfully. He has me starting small. 

"And you didn't throw it up?" She gasped. 

"Ho-how did you know I do that?" I asked. 

"I'm your sister. You tell me everything through your eyes. Most people wouldn't realize, but I always knew you lied to me when I asked you what you ate. I've tried so hard to get you to eat, but when you stay as skinny, I figured it out that you just threw it up afterwards." She said sadly. 

"Lucy.." I gasp.

"You're my little brother, and the only family I have. I love you. So much. You are my handsome little brother. And I never want to hear of you thinking anything different. And don't think you can hide it from me either." She says quietly, and I know she's gently crying. 

"I love you. I'm sorry." I cry, because I have tears in my eyes also.

"You could talk to me. Or Mary, or any of the guys. We're all here for you, and always have been, always will be." She says. "And now my makeup is running, you loser." 

I let out a tear filled laugh. God I love my whore of a sister. 

"Alright, well, I have to go. Cafe needs me." She jokes. "I love you."

"I love you." I said, and she hangs up. 

After breakfast this morning, he took me back to my place. I don't like being out in public, for obvious reasons, so he went out shopping for food without me. Apparently he's in the same apartment building, and he lives on the 6th floor. I'm still shocked that I have made this much progress already. Our first date was yesterday. Yet I already trust him with my life. I don't even trust my sister with my life. Probably because she'd take me to some party that would get me killed. 

I hear a knock on my door and I instantly panic. I know it's most likely Stephan, but can you blame me for being scared? 

"Beautiful, it's me, I'm back, please open the door my hands are full." He said. I jump up, not wanting to make him wait and open the door, letting him in and looking at the floor because of what I'm wearing. Once he left, I went and changed into something comfortable, not thinking he would be back for awhile. So, right now I'm wearing shorts and a very large zip up sweatshirt. That's not the embarrassing part thou. Their short shorts... 

There comfortable, I thought I was alone... Men do questionable things when alone...

He turns around and seems to look at me for the first time since he came in. 

"Don't say anything." I mumble. I'm looking at the floor, my hand on my other arms elbow. 

"You look..." He says. 

"Like a 10 year old that lost a bet? I know." I whisper and turn around to leave the room. "I'll go change." 

"No! No, baby. I want you comfortable around me. If that's what you like to wear, then don't be embarrassed." He says so sweetly. Gosh, can he get any better? 

"I'm wearing short shorts..." I whisper. 

"And honestly, you look damn good in them." He said smiling at me. 

"I do?" I question looking up at him. Everyone else always laughed at me and called me a girl. 

"Yes. And I mean that in both you look beautiful and..." He trailed off as though he didn't know if he should finish that sentence. 

"And...?" I question. 

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable." He says, and I tilt my head in confusion.

"What where you going to say?" I ask and he comes up me and places his hands on my hips; looking me right in the eyes. 

"Sexy. Those shorts look sexy on my beautiful mate." He said, and my eyes went wide. "You have my wolf whimpering at how attractive you are, baby. And I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable, but I wasn't going to lie." 

"God, you say just the right things." I say, smiling up at my mate. How long have I wished I could say that?

"That was the best thing I've ever heard. Well, second to you saying my name." He beams down to me. 

"Stephan." I say slowly, just to tease him. 

He growls playfully and wraps his arms around my waist lifting me up and spinning around with me in his arms, like in one of those romantic comedies. I wrap my arms around his neck to hold on and laugh at his childish ways. And then I realize that I just laughed. I havn't laughed in almost a year. 

And that makes me realize how insane this is. This man I've known for a day, already has me laughing! That's insane! But I'm done asking questions. I just want to be happy again, and Stephan is my best shot. 

"I'm so proud of you." He says gently, gleaming at me. 

"What do you mean?" I ask, I know he can read my mind, but I don't see why he would be proud. 

"You didn't stutter once. You met my eyes most of the time, and you're laughing and smiling. You amaze me more and more every minute." He chuckles. 

"Yeah?" I whisper. 

"Yeah." He responds quietly, and then he's kissing me. 

And I was okay with that. 

__

Are my chapters short? I can't tell on my laptop. 

Please comment! 

COMMENT!

I SAID COMMENT DAMMIT!!

Oh, and Vote. ;)