Chapter 22! ;)

Chapter 22

VOTE, COMMENT!....FAN? ;D

Sorry you guys had to wait a whole week my lovelies! But I think that's how it's going to be from now on because of school! :((

I don't own the banner to the right! (:

Enjoy!

* * * * * *

Chapter 22

The next day I woke up feeling drained, as if someone had sucked the final life I had inside of me, don't get me wrong though. It wasn't any of that "I'm dead inside" talk, I just wasn't in the mood.

My thoughts shifted to the previous day uncomfortably, remembering the painful scrubbing of my flushed cheeks and interminable wiping of the wet face, putting on a plastic smile and quickly going to lunch, where only a few minutes remained. No one had noticed how I was really feeling, no one was probably even paying attention.

The only question I asked myself now, over and over again, is why. Why did I have to react so strongly to Tom's cruel but not over-the-top actions? What he did shouldn't of surprised me and affected me so prominently, that was the way he was with every breathing thing in the universe. Why did I all of a sudden care about what he did, and why did the sharp stabbing paint at my heart continuously tug at me with all these mixed emotions?

'Maybe you're falling for him?' A small, petite voice in my obnoxious head whispered. I let out an emotionless snort, of course I didn't have ANY romantic feelings for that...that MONSTER. All he ever did was torment me endlessly and find me a source as his merciless entertainment, not much of a shock in my life.

A throbbing headache made it's way to me as I dully trudged to potions class almost robotically, Miranda and Ned having run off to their own classes.

I limply made my way to my current seat next to where Matt was going over a few of his notes. I slung my bag onto the seat and sat down, close to dozing off to sleep at any second because I got so little the night before.

"Wow, you look bright and cheerful today sweetheart." I heard the husky, teasing voice belonging to Matt comment as he leafed through his notebook.

"I'm not in the mood right now." I sighed, cutting straight to the chase and blowing a stray strand of hair out of my face.

I could feel his piercing gaze on me as he still wrote something down in his notebook. How did he even do that??

"Awh, and I was really looking forward to beating you in class.." He said in feigned sadness, but I could almost imagine the ridiculously handsome smirk he was pulling off at the moment.

"Oh well." I responded shortly, my patience and calm state of being drying up pretty quickly.....

"Too bad you're a hhuuggeee idiot, who can't handle the greatness that I am." At that point I seriously wanted to turn around and give him a piece of this "huge idiot," but somehow managed to control myself.

"Mmh."

"Ohh looks like sweetheart has some issues with that face she's making..."He said softly, and breathing out widely. I sniffed a little and was instantly filled with the smell of pine and honey, immediately becoming intoxicated by it's sweetness. Matt had such a different scent than most men, completely opposite of Tom's ice-cold and minty smell. It was nice.

"Don't you know it's rude to sniff people like that sweetheart?" I turned in surprise i had been so obvious and he smirked.

"Of course not!" I rejected, my pitch way to high for my liking.