Chapter 16

Hello there! I'm just so amazing at uploading aren't I? :P

COMMENT AND VOTE AND I'LL UPLOAD QUICKER!!!

Enjoy it!!

******

Chapter 16

"Aneline? Aneline are you listening to me?!"

"Mmm....." I tore my fearful gaze away from the large, white winged horse staring at me intently.

"You dozed off for a second there." Miranda muttered, inspecting her perfectly manicured nails while Ned just gave me a look of suspicion.

"Oops, sorry. I was daydreaming." I lied smoothly, trying to shake off the fact I had seen death before.

"Yeah, well come on! The carriages are waiting." She grinned and looped both her arms around Ned and I, reminding me of a muggle movie called The Wizard Of Oz, where the characters are singing with hooked arms.

My mind was swimming with endless thoughts. I had seen death before? When? Where? My mouth was extremely dry, the thought of having witnessed death giving me goosebumps.

'It must have been when I was young.' I thought weakly, coming up with a solution as to why I couldn't remember any of this.

We mounted one of the carriages, and I avoided the threstral as I climbed in, unsure if I would be able to handle it.

Ned, Miranda and I sat down inside, the smell of leather invading my nose.

"Yes! We're so lucky we actually have a carriage to ourselves." Miranda said, once again checking her makeup.

Ned rolled his eyes at her actions and turned to me.

"You sure you're alright? You still look a bit pale." I smiled at him, not positive if he could see it wasn't wholehearted.

"Yeah, it's just that castle looks so big I almost had a heart attack!" A small smile formed on his lips.

A sudden jerk of the carriage caused us to freeze for a millisecond, but relax when we realized it was just that the carriage had begun to move.

"So what's up with that Matt boy?" I asked lightly, remembering his uncaring posture and attitude, even a bit hostile.

Miranda was the first one to answer me. "Oh don't mind him. He just thinks he's all high and mighty. He thinks he's too good for anyone!" She threw her hands up in the air in frustration, and I knew she was on a roll.

"Do you know, that he's never once had an official girlfriend, after all these years?! And guess why. He thinks no one deserves his fine arse." It was one of the hardest things I had to do, to keep myself from laughing.

"This girl named Rebecca, one of the school's prettiest girls, asked him out after giving up on him asking her. And do you know what he said? He said, 'I don't really think I should downgrade on my taste in girls.' Unbelievable right?!" At this point she was breathing hard, annoyance consuming her features.

My guess was Rebecca wasn't the only one that had asked him out.

"Miranda, chill out woman! You're torturing my precious ears!" Ned flared in irritation.

Miranda frowned a bit. "Sorry, it's just Matt can get me riled up sometimes."

' I noticed' I had the urge to say but thought better of it.

Suddenly, the carriage lurched to a halt and I fell forward, my forehead penetrating the leather seat opposite of mine.

"Um, OW??!" I once again cursed my luck.