Chapter 19!

COMMENT AND VOTE...pwease? :D What about fanning? Cmon...it's easy:P

Dedicated to my newest fan! ;P

* * * * *

Chapter 19

"Come on Aneline! Wake up!" A girlishly, obnoxious voice boomed in my ear, putting any lightning crack to shame.

"One hundred more minutes please." I mumbled groggily, attempting to shield my poor eyes from the horrendous amount of light flooding the room.

I heard a frustrated sigh from above me, taking my pillow away.

My pillow!

"Aneline I swear, you are the most stubborn person I have ever met." I imagined her scowling through her perfectly-applied make-up and shaking her head.

Pfft, she hasn't even experienced HALF of it.....

"If you get up, I won't scream in your ear..." That woke me up a bit, but I relaxed when I realized she wouldn't really do something like-

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed in horror and stumbled out of the bed, clutching my still-ringing left ear.

"You're insane!" I glared at her as she smiled in sheer victory, and stormed over to my luggage, which was still on the floor in a pile, and rifled through it quickly, picking out random pieces of cheap cloth when a powdery hand slapped my hand away.

"Ouchie!" I pathetically nuzzled my hand and shot daggers at Miranda.

"What the frig dude?!" She gave me a sympathetic look before turning to my poor choice of attire.

"Sorry, didn't mean to slap you that hard. I had to stop you from choosing such horrible pieces of rags though! But don't worry, Miranda's here to help." She stood proudly, determination written all over her face.

"Did you just speak in the third person about yourself?..."

"It makes it more dramatic." She shrugged.

I sighed and moaned at the same time. "Miranda, even if I DID let you help me, it wouldn't even matter! I'm putting my robes over it anyway so no one is going to see anything."

She rolled her eyes. "Sometimes, the school does a quick check-up on student's choice of clothing, whether it's appropriate or not. They never tell us when exactly they check, so you have to be careful of what you wear everyday."

I sighed and slumped my shoulders forward, then gave her an offended look as what she had said sank in.

"What's so wrong about my clothes? They're not revealing or provocative-

"Aneline, they're going to think your parents neglected you if you wear those rags." I bit my lower lip and turned away so that she couldn't see my pained expression.

"Aneline."

"What?!" I turned back around and glared at her.

She seemed surprised, but I sensed a look of sympathy and pity dawn onto her face.

"I'm sorry, your parents don't know what they're missing out on-"

"Just drop it." I said, suddenly interested in the rugged floor.

The next few minutes were spent on finding me an "appropriate" piece of clothing, and she ended up just letting me borrow one of her own.

"I'm going to have to take you shopping in Hogsmeade this weekend." She said as she was doing something to my hair, my face turned away from the mirror.