♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₁₁

Cassius 'Cash' Mitchell

You ever just space out? Think about the shit you've been involved in, and pushed shit back that you didn't want to think about anymore? We've all made mistakes, and who ever is really proud of those? Not many.

I'm not proud about what i did to Kasey, but to be real most wouldn't understand, so why should i explain myself if no one is gon take the time to listen? It's dead weight. I've grown from my past, fixing the parts of me that needed improvement and no one can take that shit away from me because i did that all by myself.

It had been three days since Jameel's life was ended. Do I feel sorry? Hell nah, that nigga deserved it. He wanted to talk all that tough shit, and ended up getting his ass handed to him.

Have I spoke to Nayeli? Nah, I needed to distance myself. I haven't been in the right mind frame since, and it's best if she wasn't around. I didn't want her around me while I'm like this. I'm not good for her, she deserves one of those good niggas who's doing something for themselves, got their head on their shoulders type of shit. She didn't need to be tainted with how I am, she's pure.

"Wassup wit it?" I answered my ringing phone, slouching into the drivers seat as I took in my surroundings. The streets weren't too busy, it was still early in the morning, so it was slightly expected.

"Is that how you answer your calls? Boy, I know you lyin!" My mama spoke into the phone, a laugh parting her lips.

"My bad mama, been stuck in my head. But what's up, you good?"

"I'm fine baby, don't worry about me. What's going on with you? You don't sound like yourself." I could see her now, concern washing over her face, a hand on her hip. "Don't lie to me either, I know when one of my kids isn't feeling too good."

I let out a loose chuckle, scratching the back of my neck. "That's how you are mama, always knowin." I licked the corner of my lip, rolling down the window. "Shit, I mean stuff, has been crazy. I'm just tryna get out the little funk I'm in." I sighed, it was a lot. The petty bullshit with Maya to the shit Jameel said. Shit was aggy.

"This have anything to do with Maya?" She questioned, her voice stern. "I know you know that she comes to me when y'all have problems when it comes to Leia."

I sucked my teeth, rolling my eyes. "The thing about it mama is that there is no problem. I see Ro every chance I get, pay the damn child support and the bitch still wanna be a bitch when she don't get her way? Nah, the problem is that Maya is lazy and ain't brought none to the table. That's why I left." I shook my head, my tone harsh. It was annoying that my mother couldn't understand that, always tryna take Maya's side, and that's some bullshit.

"Hey, don't be gettin loud with me son....

I had to cut her off, she was about to make another excuse. "Look mama, you ain't here to witness what I be goin through. Just let me handle how I take care of things when it comes to my daughter, and you try and stay out of it when Maya comes running to you. She always tryna play the victim." I roughly slid a hand down my face. This is not how I wanted the conversation to go with my mama, but it is what it is. "I'll call you later. Love you, bye." I hung up, tossing my phone onto the passengers seat.