♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₄₅

Nayeli Santiago

"Thank you." I smiled at the Starbucks barista, grabbing the iced matcha tea I had ordered, along with the breakfast sandwich. Being that I was in somewhat of a rush today, this was my first stop before heading to the spa. It was just across the street too, so I was in walking distance.

"Good morning." I smiled as I entered the shop, stopping at the reception desk before I headed upstairs. "Who's my first appointment?"

"Jackie, she's your 10 o'clock this morning." Shawna informed, I nodded thanking her. "Oh and Ny, there was one cancellation for 1 o'clock, they said it was a family emergency."

"Thanks for letting me know." I poked out my bottom lip, it was always heavy hearing that kind of news because how do you really respond to that? "I'll be upstairs, give me fifteen." I turned on my heels, going up to the second level.

Today would be one of those days, nonstop, but I'm not complaining. I get to be around positive energy and do something that I truly love, and making sure each client I work with leaves satisfied is a pleasure.

"Morning sis." I poked my head in her office, her eyes glued to her laptop. She was probably placing an order. "Did you eat this morning?"

"Morning sissy," she looked up at me signaling for me to come in, I entered and sat on one of the chairs. "The protein shake I had should suffice." I rolled my eyes, Cairo was gon be on her ass. "I brought lunch, so don't start with me."

"Sorry feisty pants." I chuckled lowly, sipping some of my drink. "Everything ok at home?"

"We're fine." Anahi shook her head gently, closing her laptop once she was finished. "I feel like he's hiding sumn from me, cause he met up with Cass the other night...and I have a feeling they got into some shit." She rubbed her temples.

I raised my brow, biting the corner of my lip. I know Cassius wanted to meet up with Kadeem, of course I sent him a screenshot of what Kadeem told me and he wasn't having it. Maybe he showed Cairo the text, or Cairo found out through Anahi? Either or, Cairo knows.

"Uh sissy...I may know what had happened." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, placing my half eaten sandwich down. "Cassius told me he was gon meet up with Kadeem, and Cairo may have been there..I don't know what they did, but when I saw Cassius the day after he had swollen knuckles and a cut under his chin."

"I told Cairo to just talk..." she furrowed her brows, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I realize what ever I say goes ignored in regards to when it comes to his safety." She rolled her eyes hard, a mug surfacing.

"Don't be mad at him, Ani." I shook my head gently, feeling my brows furrow. "Cause if Marcus was doing the shit that Kadeem is doing, Cairo is gon want to handle that."

"I don't want them fighting, Neli!" She blew out a frustrated breath, "I already lost Cai once due to jail, I don't want him going back. That goes for Cassius too..."

"I get you're frustrated, but just talk to him..see what happened. Just because Cass did damage doesn't mean that Cai did." I took another sip of my drink, then looked at her. "Stop thinking the worst, cause you tend to get this attitude."

"Fine, I'll talk to him." Anahi looked off to the side, puffing up her lips. "I'll let you get to your day."

"Y'all gon be good." I smiled gently, grabbing my stuff and standing up. "I would say come to the house, but you have kids to think about." I chuckled lowly, she followed suit and waved me out.

—————