♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₈

Cairo Brewster

She was a bitch. I called her a bitch, and I ain't feel sorry about it.

It's not like i asked her to take the position, I offered a spot if they needed a job. But fuck it, I tried and I ain't finna kiss a bitches ass to get them back in ma life.

Even when I was tryna get Anahi out my mind, I couldn't..it's fuckin wild, cause ion ever trip off no bitch like this. Ion know what the fuck is goin on. I only knew the girl for about a week and a half, but every time we talked it was coo. So what was different this time? I can't place it, but I need her to get off my mind, cause this ain't boutta fuck up how I run business. Nah.

"Wassup, foo? Fuck got you thinking so heavy?" Cassius' voice broke me from my thoughts as I was sitting at my station. It was 12 in the afternoon, so I busied myself with work.

I shook my head, looking over at him briefly, "Anahi," I licked my lips, "she's sumn else, man." I murmured, rubbing a hand down my growing waves.

"What happened?" He questioned, leaning against the threshold, crossing his arms over his chest, a bit annoyed. Ion know the fuck for.

I told him what happened, about us hanging out to the conversation we had about the work shit. "Ion know how she took it as a handout, but it was an offer. I ain't ask for a yes or no. I ended up callin shorty a bitch." I bit my lip, shrugging. "Then an argument broke out between us." I scratched the back of my neck, letting out a breath.

"Damn," he mumbled, shaking his head, "I know you prolly don't wanna hear thi— hear me out, before you look at me crazy, nigga." He paused, causing me to chuckle, if he was asking me to apologize, that ain't happening. "Y'all are one in the same. She's the female version of you, and that's prolly why y'all are the way y'all are with one another. I know it's been a little time of knowin one another, but I peep the shit. She ain't finna back down, and that's the shit you like. She ain't like the rest of these bitches, Cairo."

I huffed, rolling my eyes. "I know she ain't, but that don't mean I want her." I was lyin out my ass right now, it would be nice to have shorty on my arm. But it's too much, ion settle down, and i don't plan to anytime soon. "It was coo wit the little friendship we had or whatever, but ion think we gon be on talkin terms fa a bit." I shrugged, it bothered me but then it didn't. Not everybody is gon stick around, and I've accepted that.

"Yee? Cause you stubborn as shit, but look anything could happen. Y'all might just bounce back or sumn." He shrugged. I didn't think so, like I said ion see us talkin anytime soon. "But I'm finna head out, me and lil mama got shit goin on." He smirked, this nigga was adamant on wantin Nayeli. Ion blame him.

I chuckled, raising my brows. "Word? I know ya ass is stoked, look at you cheesin and shit." I laughed, holding my stomach. Receiving the middle finger from his end.

"At least me and shorty is good," it was my turn to flip the bird, "Ah ah ah, don't be mad at me. But forreal, I'm out. I'll see you tonight in regards to that meeting." He held his hand out for dap, I slapped my hand into his.

"Aight, don't be late either. 10:00, not 10:03 not 10:36. 10:00 o'clock on the dot." I turned back to my work, earning a chuckle from him.

"Aight Big Worm, damn." He joked, causing us both to laugh. "I ain't gon be out that long, but heard you. I'll be on time."

Cassius Mitchell

"What's a pet peeve of yours?" I asked Nayeli, as I sat across from her. It's been an hour since I left the shop, and just being in her space was calming, something I needed. I didn't realize how much her energy left an impact. I had to move careful with her.

"Liars. I think that's everyone's pet peeve, but liars is at the top, just be real with me and we'll be good." She chuckled lowly. "Some people don't have common sense though. But another one, maybe when someone touches my food, ion know where niggas hands been." She laughed, causing me to laugh with her.

I have yet to tell her about having a daughter, I don't know how she'd react to it. This generation these days some people don't want to deal with someone because they have a kid, but I gotta be honest with myself, she doesn't seem like that type.

"If you're talking to someone, and they mention they have a kid, how you gonna go about it?" I asked, I had to keep a straight face and keep myself back. No emotion to really show, like nervousness, never really had that feeling before.

"I mean, what can I do? Just accept it, it's not gonna stop me from talking to the person." She smiled a bit, spooning up some of her frozen yogurt. She really got me eating this right now, but I ain't complaining, it's muggy as fuck today. "Do you have a kid, Cassius?" She asked, stuffing the cold substance into her mouth, one of her brows raised.

"Yee.." I nodded off, tugging at my beard, "A daughter, she's 3 years old." I smiled, a loose chuckle parting my lips as i rubbed the back of my neck. I looked at her as she nodded slowly, a smile soon breaking out onto her face. She was perfect.

"What's her name?" Nayeli asked, twirling her spoon around the cup as she looked down at her creation, then back at me.

"Leia, but we call her by her middle name which is Royalty." I licked over my lips, scratching my chin. "She's my world, man." I caught her smiling, which caused me to smile. Her aura was genuine.

"I'm sure you're a great father. Most niggas ain't present in their kids lives these days." She blew out a low breath, shaking her head. "Moms be wild too, some be spiteful and don't want their kids around the dad..it's sad." She was preaching to the choir right about now, I could only agree. "Your baby mama give you problems?" She asked, perking a brow.

"Yee," I shook my head, stuffing the strawberry flavored yogurt into my mouth. "Its a lot to deal wit, but I'm maintaining. Making sure my daughter is good is my main priority."

She nodded, taking that in. "Then that's all that matters. You being the best father you can for your daughter."

I just smiled at that, she had a good way of wording things.

This girl just don't know.