♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₃₀

Cassius 'Cash' Mitchell

"You really finna buy a ring?" I quizzed, mild shock on my face as Cairo had me in this jewelry store. The pussy must be mesmerizing, cause he acting like a new man out here. "That's wild, bro." I laughed lowly.

"It ain't no engagement ring, it's a promise ring." Cairo shrugged, looking at the different diamonds on display. An attendant walking over, her blonde hair straight with bangs just above her eyebrows, the crows feet she had by her eyes as she smiled at us. She looked like a Martha. Cairo looked up at her, chuckling lowly. "I'll call you over when I'm ready, thank you." He dismissed her, and she rolled her eyes walking away.

Wasn't no one finna steal.

Cairo stood straight and looked over at me, his brows furrowed. "Nah you know what's wild? You not telling me these results." He gently pushed me with his shoulder, causing me to stumble back a bit. "Wassup with that? You got another mini on the way?"

I shook my head, a smirk curving at my lips. "Nah, it ain't my kid. I congratulated her though, I let her know if she needs rides to her appointments that I got her...since she ain't have no other form of transportation." I shrugged, I don't know why I was doing it, but I'm making up for being an ass towards her. Cairo raised his brows. "What? Her ex nigga dropped her all together, knowing the kid is his too and it bothered me."

I could never understand how a nigga can lay with a woman, create life with them and not want to be present in the kids life. That baby didn't ask to be here. This goes for both parents take care of yours, period.

"You got a big heart, Cass. Just be careful out here, you know these bitches are users, and ion want you to fall for the trap." He slapped his hand onto my shoulder, and I nodded slowly. That tended to happen at times, I wore my heart on my sleeve and that shit was a pro and con. "Just be observant like you always are, watch her moves carefully."

"I got you." I nodded off, looking at the other rings on display. Looking at one that fit my sis, "Aight bro, take a look at this one. It screams Anahi." I chuckled, the simplicity behind the ring, it was an oval cut, enough diamonds surrounding the ring and band, a rose gold color. This wasn't no high school promise ring either, this was for the grown ups. No shade.

"I was looking at that one too." Cairo scratched the back of his neck, a big cheesy smile gracing his face. "Imma get it." He nodded off, signaling for the attendant to come over.

"You love her?" I questioned, a smirk on my face. I ain't never seen him act like this. "My bro really out here changin. I like what Nini is doin." I joked, causing him to nudge me away. "I'm fuckin with you, but forreal I'm happy for how things are playing out for y'all."

"Thanks man, I ain't never seen myself doing this for no female...but Anahi ain't them, she been different." He licked his lips, smiling as he thought about her. It was one of those genuine smiles too, I was happy to see it. It was the same smile he had when he's with Kairi. "I think I love her, but ion know. I know that feeling is there, but I ain't never felt that shit before so ion wanna say it just to say it, feel me?"

"Nah, I get it. You wanna be 1000% sure when those words slip out, love ain't none to play with." I shook my head, I've been there and that shit slapped me in the face. Literally. "Y'all go your own pace and keep doing what y'all doing, but that talk finna come up." I chuckled, scratching at my eyebrow.

"I know, it's finna come sooner or later." Cairo leaned against the case, putting his focus on the attendant and pointing at the ring. "That oval diamond, size 6." He even knew Anahi's ring size, this nigga was crazy.

"We'll resize it for you, sir. Will that be all?" The woman asked, Cairo nodded his head. "$1,675.76 is your total. How would you like to make the transaction?" Cairo told her cash, pulling out a wad from his side pocket counting out the blue faces.