♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₄₄

Cassius 'Cash' Mitchell

"You know, everything is gon be ok baby." My mama spoke, rubbing her hand against my back. "Saniyah was a sweet girl, but she played all of us Cass. You're gonna rise above this and keep being the good person you are, you hear me?" She nudged me gently, I nodded my head against her lap.

"It's crazy ma, I loved her and she does me like that? She ain't even talk to me about the pregnancy, just went out and got the abortion." I wiped my face. I was pissed and hurt all in one. "But setting me and Cai up? That's what doesn't make sense."

"I know you loved her, but she was placed in your life as a lesson. You learned to love, now you can give that love to someone who deserves your whole heart." She cupped my cheek, sniffling a bit. "We all know it doesn't make sense, but we can't question it no more. You and Cai both are alive and that's all that matters to me, son." She kissed the top of my head.

"Don't cry mama." I sat up and hugged her, rubbing her back. "I'm still here." I sucked up my tears, consoling her. No parent wanted to bury their kid, so I know when she heard about the news of me almost not making it, broke her.

That's probably the most at peace I had ever been. I saw heaven, but it wasn't my time to go yet, I had a purpose to live and that's for my daughter. The ones who genuinely showed love came after.

"I wasn't gon cry." She chuckled, releasing from our hug and waving at her eyes as the tears had slowed down. "I'm gon go finish dinner, baby." She pushed herself up from the couch and walked to the kitchen.

I was in New York, that's where I been the last few days, and plan on going back home tomorrow morning. I needed time away from Miami just to get my mind right. Royalty was with me too, she missed her gramma, so here we are. Them both were all I needed at this moment, they wouldn't switch up on me on my worst day. Of course I had the crew, but there was always that support I needed from my moms.

I spoke to Nayeli after the shit went down, we were in different spaces. We'd always be each other's friends, but we needed to heal from the bullshit ass relationships we been through before we got into anything. Yes, I told her that, and she completely understood. We needed to be single right now, but just know I'd have her on my arm.

Just how it was supposed to be from the beginning of time.

Smiling to myself, I wiped at my eyes and got up from the couch walking into the kitchen. My mother starting on her fish fry, collard greens, black eyed peas and mac and cheese was already done. I rubbed a hand down my stomach as the aroma filled my nostrils and went over to the fridge to pour me a glass of fruit punch.

"How's Nayeli and that boy?" My mama looked over to me as the first batch of fish was frying.

"They broke up mama." I shook my head, clenching my jaw. That nigga KC really did her wrong even after knowing what she's been through. It was a child move. "He cheated on her, and she left."

"I didn't like him." She admitted, causing me to chuckle lowly. "Sure he was sweet to Nayeli, but I saw through that bullshit." I raised my brows, my mama wasn't the one to be cussing. "Sorry, it just frustrates me because Ny is a beautiful young woman and didn't deserve that."

I nodded my head because she was speaking nothing but the truth. Nayeli has a beautiful spirit about herself, she deserved the best and needed someone to reciprocate the same energy she was giving out.

—————

"Thank you for coming home and visiting me." My mama hugged me, swaying us back and forth. "I might just make a trip down there. My best friend out there and I miss her." She chuckled loosely, talking about Mama Eve, causing me to chuckle as we pulled away. "Drive safe to the airport, and have a safe flight. I love you RoRo, be good and I'll see you soon pumpkin."