♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₆₇

Vote, Comment, Enjoy

Nayeli Mitchell

"Happy birthday Roro!" I smiled, hugging her tightly as we swayed side to side. She was almost as tall as me, it's crazy! "You're growing into such a beautiful young lady, I can't believe you're ten already." I wiped the little tears that slipped as we pulled away from our embrace.

"Thanks mama Ny! I'm thankful for having you in my life." Royalty smiled, her dimple poking through. "Outside of my own mommy, you taught me some things too." She kissed my cheek, playing with one of her curls. "I'm really happy that you both can get along. I wish Kai had that."

I let out a small breath, biting the inside of my cheek. "Me and your mommy sat down together and talked, we're mature adults who can communicate. And we gave each other a chance, as she didn't want your daddy anymore." We both chuckled, me playfully rolling my eyes after. "The difference between your mommy and Nicole is that she doesn't care about anyone but herself, but I don't want you to worry about it, okay? Kairi is still loved by all of us."

"Okay." She smiled softly, I perked a brow and she blew out a tiny breath. "Kai was tellin me how auntie Nini is her only mommy, and wished Nicole can go away."

We all wished Nicole did. She was a true leech.

"Aye Ro, go with your brother and sisters." Cassius entered the room, he didn't want her talking about it. She smacked her teeth, walking passed him and out the room. "You must not want your birthday gift." He chuckled, having Royalty come back to the door and apologize. When she left again, he put his attention on me shaking his head. "Don't be talking about Nicole with her. She needs to stay out grown folks business."

"I didn't bring it up, so stop right there." I rolled my eyes, turning on my feet and going towards the bathroom. "Kids have lives outside of us and talk, so that's what was on Ro's mind. She just worries about her cousin." I looked to him as he entered the bathroom, walking to his side of the sink.

"My bad." He licked the corner of his lip, scratching the nape of his neck. "But if she ever brings it up again, please change the subject babe. Ion want her involved as it's enough stress as is."

"I know, and I will." I removed the wrap from my head, my hair still straight from the fresh press I had just got. Hair was on silky. "All I know is that Nicole better stop playing with fire, because this might just end ugly."

"Might? Nah, it is." He huffed, folding his arms over his chest as he leaned back into the counter. "Her ass been a problem, not knowing she's the root of it all. But ion wanna talk about her on Roro's day, or any day. She's fuckin draining."

"Hey, look at me." I walked towards him, standing in front of him now. He looked down at me, his face softening. "It'll be over soon, we have to be that support for Cai and Ani in this...but we won't talk about it anymore." I stood on my tiptoes, giving him a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you. Thank you for that." He smiled, tapping my nose. "Let's get these kids so we can head to Six Flags. It's gon be a long drive."

"But worth it baby, we're celebrating." I giggled, moving out the way and walking back into the room to grab my crossbody bag. "Everybody's meeting us there, right?" He nodded, holding my hand as we walked out our room.

It was an hour drive to Jersey, the kids would most likely fall asleep on the way there. Not that I minded because their energy would be up for today's festivities.

—————