•Chapter Fifty Five•

What was suppose to be a blissful day was slowly turning out to be the exact opposite. I had woken up in an extremely bouyant mood, grateful to be alive and happy that I'd be finding out my babies' gender tomorrow. However, my mood quickly dampened once Lance called and informed me that he wouldn't be back today, which meant that he wouldn't be able to make it to the shower. There was no way that I could have it rescheduled at this point, given that the venue was in high demand and it would be hard to reserve it again anytime soon. On top of that my old college roommate and friend Tionna was flying out from St. Lucia just for the event. We always kept in contact but we hadn't been in each other's presence since graduation. She had journeyed back home after numerous failed attempts at securing employment so I was more than elated to reunite.

Waltzing into my office, I greeted my employees before settling into my personal space. I went straight to work the minute my backside connected with the chair. I wanted to get as much work done considering that I'd only be working a half day. Today was also suppose to be my maternity shoot so I had reserved time for the occasion. I rolled my eyes just thinking about it, my irrational side was quite tempted to call Bachir and give him a piece of my mind for making Lance stay in France longer. We had set the date for the shoot and baby shower before he even brought up the trip. Deepily engrossed in an audit report, I hadn't noticed Kiara knocking on my door until she stuck her head in and called my name.

"Ms. Daniels, there's a flower delivery here for you."

"Ki, you know you're authorized to sign for packages on my behalf." I had given her more responsibilities since she had graduated and I hired her full time.

"I know boss lady but the guy insists that you sign."

"I really don't have time for this, just tell him I'm busy." She complied with my request and left me to do my work. However, within a matter of seconds she was back. I released a frustrated sigh.

"He says he won't leave unless you sign."

I sucked my teeth loudly and rolled my eyes. "Okay, okay. I'm coming." Walking out behind her my mind churned as I formulated my rant. I fixed my mouth, preparing to give whoever a tongue lashing when I came face to face with a familiar smile.

"I can't believe you don't wanna see your man. I'm hurt." Lance dramatically laid a hand on his chest, feigning sadness. Restricted by my baby bump as well as the presence of my employees I resisted the urge to leap on him and shower him with kisses. Instead I resorted to taking the bouquet from him and pulling him into my office. I tiptoed and gave him a few pecks before he caught my lower lip between his teeth. I ran my hands through his dreads and pulled him closer for a deepened, passionate kiss. Feeling my oxygen supply deplete, I pulled away.

"I thought you werent gonna be back for another two days."

"I just wanted to surprise you. When I called earlier I was already at the airport here."

"You play too much. You had me ready to jack up Bachir's financials for making you stay longer." A hearty laugh escaped his lips as he settled into the chair across from the desk. I had just taken notice of his attire. He was wearing a red long sleeve button down shirt with the first three buttons undone, tucked into a pair of well pressed khaki dress pants, black belt and matching wing tipped shoes.

"You left France looking like that?" I temporarily dismissed the audit report and looked at him with a raised brow.

"Looking like what?"

"With your buttons undone."

"Oh, hell yeah. I got me a couple of numbers too. Shit, them ladies was sweatin' me big time."