•Chapter Fifty Two•

The cool tropical, island breeze rolled off the nearby ocean and caressed my bare chest as I stood on the balcony watching the sunrise. As the sun rose in the horizon, it slowly crept from behind the thick morning clouds. It's hue gradually changing from scarlet red to a fiery orange. In the distance roosters crowed, signifying that morning had made her grand appearance. With the other tourists perhaps still enthralled in slumber land, the only other noise that could be heard was the gentle crashing of waves against the shoreline.

I inhaled the freshness of the air, temporarily void of human generated pollution. This was indeed paradise, the perfect place for Mia and I to reaffirm our love for each other. Today was our last full day here in Aruba, and I had no regrets. We spent the week engaging in active listening exercises, learning ways to express when we've been wronged without being accusatory, exploring and just overall getting to know each other better.

Closing my eyes, basking in the tranquility of the outdoors, I gripped the railing and leaned my head back reflecting on all that we had accomplished. A few minutes later, my reflection was postponed as I heard the sliding door open. I knew Mia would come to check on me sooner or later once she realized my absence. I had been up for almost two hours. The first half of my time was spent admiring the sleeping beauty. I laid on my side and propped my head up with the palm of my right hand. Watching the rise and fall of her chest and listening to her light snores caused my heart to overflow with joy for some reason. I knew that I love her dearly, my heart and soul craved no one else but her.

"Good morning papa bear." She sang as she came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I turned around so we faced each other. Using my thumb and index fingers, I lifted her chin, gently tilted her head back and placed kisses on her forehead and lips.

"Good morning love." I couldn't contain my smile. Even in her satin cap she was still the most beautiful woman in the world to me.

"What you cheesing about?" She giggled and replicated my smile.

I shrugged,"Beauty just graced my presence."

"Aww babe, you're too sweet."

"What you mean? I wasn't talking bout you. This fly just landed on the door behind you." She dropped her arms from my waist, mean mugged me and turned to go back inside. Laughter escaped my lips.

"Love, you know I'm just playing." I wrapped my arms around her waist once I caught up to her in the bathroom. She rolled her eyes at me and continued to finger comb her now uncovered hair. I kissed on her neck and nibbled her ear knowing that would get her to smile. She turned and threw her arms around my neck and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"You play too much." She stated before giving me another kiss.

I chuckled,"I know. Remember we checking out that street art place this morning so start getting ready." She affirmed that she had indeed remembered so I exited the bathroom for her to take care of her hygiene. I made breakfast while she showered, took a shower myself once she got out, ate and still ended up being ready to leave our suite before her.

"Man what took you so long?" I had been lounging in the livingroom for at least fifteen minutes.

"I was packing my handbag." She came and sat next to me struggling to buckle her sandals. I bent down, pushed her hands out the way and buckled them for her.

"Packing your bag take fifteen minutes? Then you don't wanna believe it's a suitcase."

"If you don't stop getting on my case about this bag, I'll stuff you in it." She threatened which caused me to erupt in laughter.

"You funny bruh." I took her hand in mine, led us through the door.

Driving along we jammed and sang along to some oldies music that emanated from my phone that was hooked up the aux cord. The GPS had led us astray twice before we finally got to our desired destination. Spotting the first mid sized mural, I hopped out the car and gravitated towards it, totally forgetting to open the passenger door for Mia like I usually did. I couldn't help it this time, the painting captured my attention the minute my eyes landed on it.