•Chapter Fifty Three•

Tears stained the cheeks of my queen and our prince. We currently at the airport, waiting for me to check in. They had made the thirty minute journey to bid me farewell. It had been two months since our trip to Aruba and I was blessed yet again to travel across the world. This time, I was headed to Europe. Bachir had arranged for me to attend a three week art convention in France. There I'd not only be able to further develop my skills but also be able to interact with some of the best Europeans artists there are. I was beyond excited and immediately jumped at the opportunity though I'd miss my family dearly. I wasn't doing this just for myself but also for them. The convention could possibly open new doors for me, if not I'd be forever grateful for the experience alone.

"I'll miss you Dad." Ameer hands wrapped around my waist, his head nestled close to my abs.

"I'll miss you too papa bear." Mia tiptoed as she sandwiched Ameer between us and planted a lingering kiss on my lips. I'm sure he felt discomfort as Mia was now five months but with the size of her stomach it appeared as though she was going on seven. The twins had grown a lot in the past two months and we had even found out the gender, at least I did. Mia didn't want to know, she preferred to wait until the gender reveal party. I on the other hand was anxious to find out so I asked Dr. Peters to tell me privately.

"I'ma miss ya'll too but I won't be gone for long. The three weeks gon be over just like that." I snapped my finger emphasizing my point.

"But you're gonna miss my presentation." Ameer looked up to me pouting. His school was having a summer exhibit and he decided to paint a portrait for the event.

"I know lil man, if I could've changed the date of the convention I would." He was extremely proud of his painting. He had done it without any assistance from me.

"It's okay, I understand. I want to achieve your dreams. I'll just let momma video tape for you." Simultaneously we flashed out identical smiles. I was proud to be his father. If he continued along the path he was on he'd be a good man, much better than me.

"I'd like that. I know you're gonna do well." I ruffled his unkempt hair. He and his comb seemed to have had a disagreement. Hearing the final boarding call for another flight, we decided to wrap up our family time before check in closed and I got left behind.

"Bye baby, and don't be getting cozy with any french women while you over there." Mia warned jokingly.

"Why would I go mess with counterfeits and I know I got a real gem at home?" She smiled against my lips as I gave her one final kiss.

"See ya'll soon. Be good and stay safe." I rolled my suitcase up to check in counter and headed to security. Mia and Ameer sent me a wave of goodbye before they turned to leave. I got a little teary-eyed not being able to take my family with me.

I'd spent thirty minutes at the designated gate area before the boarding process began. Bachir had me flying first class so I was able to embark the plane before majority of the other passengers. I could get use to this, I thought as I settled into my seat. The little boy from humble beginnings raised in Rosewood was now flying first class with the elites. I wished my parents could see me now. Life had finally turned in my favor and I was certain that they would've been proud of me.

As the plane took and stabilized once it reached the desired altitude, I put my headphones on and closed my eyes allowing the music from my cellphone to serenade me. I started singing along in my mind as Khalid and Normani's Love Lies came on.

Sorry if it's hard to catch my vibe, mmm
I need a lover to trust, tell me you're on my side
Are you down for the ride?
It's not easy for someone to catch my eye
But I've been waitin' for you for my whole damn life
For my whole lifetime.