Chapter 49

Kate pov

"The board knows and wants to fire Harry.” I say out loud, letting the words soak in.
“Oh Lord.. This isn’t good!” I’m impressed by myself because I'm staying calm like this. Normally I would be flipping out and call after Harry, maybe even go search for him.
But I feel relaxed, I realise this isn’t good and I don’t want Harry to lose his job but we knew this was a possibility when we started our relationship.
I don’t know exactly what happened but going through this meningitis, has changed something within me. If Harry were to lose his job it would be awful but it’s something he would survive. He would look for another job and we would be fine, there are worse things that happen in the world. Although I’m not sure if Harry can see it like this at the moment.
I take my phone and start to write a message to Harry.

--Whatever it is, I’m here for you and we’ll get through this. Take your time to clear your head but when you are done, please come back to me. I love you xxx Kate--

I put my phone on the night stand and close my eyes again, already in need of a nap.

I don’t know how long I slept but when I woke up Harry already sat next to my bed.
“Look who came back.” I said a little sarcastic.
“I’m sorry beautiful, I shouldn’t have just walked out on you. I was just overwhelmed, I feel like I have to take one punch after the other and I just needed to breath for a moment.” I nodded and rubbed Harry’s hand which was laying on the edge of my bed with my thumb.
“I understand, you needed a minute to set your mind straight but you could have said that to me. There was no reason to just leave after you said they maybe will fire you.” Again I’m impressed by myself at how calm I staying.
“You are right, I’m sorry.” Harry pouted a little, he knows I think he is adorable when he puts this face on and  I can’t hold back a giggle.
“Tell me what is happening at the hospital?” Harry scratched his neck nervously and sighed
He told me about the first time Katia called and how he didn’t want to go into it because at that moment it wasn’t his priority.
“When Katia called me again a couple of hours ago she demanded that I come back. She told me how the story has exploded and people are now saying I sexually harassed my patient.” Harry is trying to keep his emotions in check but I see his hands shaking and the tears  forming in his eyes.
“Oh baby, come here.” I said and I moved to the side of the bed so Harry could lay in bed next to me and I could hold him close. I don’t show my anger but I feel furious, how dare they say something like that about this beautiful person who does everything to help people.
“I’m so sorry this is happening, baby. But it will be okay, we will do everything to fix this.” I caressed Harry’s back
“Katia said there are patients calling to ask if it’s true. Kate, my career is over. All that I worked for is over.” Harry’s suddenly looked up with big tearfilled eyes
“Oh God what will my mom think?” he buried his face in my neck and sobbed.
“Baby, your mom knows the truth about us. And she knows you, she knows you would never ever do something like that.” My heart hurts for Harry. I know everything will be okay and his career isn’t over. I get he is upset, it’s been a lot the last couple of days. It’s one misfortune after the other this last thing is just too much.
“Baby, I think you should go home and try to solve things.” I say when Harry has calmed down a bit. His head shot up, a big frown plastered on his face.
“No!” Harry said loudly “I’m not leaving you here alone. You are not out of the woods yet, Kate. What if something happens while I’m back home? I would never forgive myself.” Harry looked like he was going to panic, his forehead was sweaty and his breathing was fast.
“Harry, baby, calm down. It will be okay, we will get through this.” I rubbed his back.
“Let’s talk to Maarten. Let’s ask him if he thinks I will be okay. And if he says I will, you go back to London, find out what is going on and try to fix it. You will come back as soon as possible and we will text and call every day.” Harry sighed and shrugs his shoulders.
“I know you don’t want to leave me, I don’t want it either but if you lose your job because you didn’t even try to fix it. I would feel guilty. And you can’t let people say these nasty things about you. If you do nothing it looks like you admit everything.” Harry groans and pulls his hair.
“I know you are right but I don’t want to leave you.” he mumbled.
“I am always right. Now shut up and kiss me.” and that’s just what he did.

Behind Harry’s back I texted Maarten and told him Harry needed a breather and asked if he wanted to go out with him for a drink. At first Harry was a little annoyed with me because he didn’t want to leave me but I convinced him to go because he needed some time out of the hospital and I would be sleeping anyway. I also told him to go sleep at the hotel so he would have a good night in a good bed instead of the creaky thing he has to lay on here.

The next morning the nurse was taking care of my wounds when Harry came in.
“Good Morning beautiful, good morning Ellen.” Harry and I both had a good relationship with all the nurses.
“Do you want to see the wound?” Ellen asked Harry. Harry smiled at her and nodded.
“It looks good, don’t you think?” Ellen asked Harry who nodded again.
“Last time it looked good on the outside too but it nearly killed me.” I mumbled a little cranky because I have a major headache. The nurse finished taking care of me while talking to Harry, then when she was done she left.
“I have missed you so much.” Harry immediately admitted when we were alone while he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.
“But I have to admit, I feel better after my night out.” I smiled and kissed his cheek.
“What did Maarten say about going home?” Harry groaned and put his head in my neck.
“I hoped you would forget.” I laughed
“You wish, baby. Come on, spill the beans…”
“Maarten says you will be okay.” he mumbled “I explained the situation and he said I should go and defend myself. I still don’t want to but I will book a flight in a minute. But the moment I feel like it’s useless or it’s sorted, I will come back.” he said
“You better come back as soon as everything is okay. And it will be okay. If you need me to talk to them you can call of facetime me, okay?” Harry kissed my lips.
“Maarten offered me a job here,” Harry said “But I don’t want to think about it till something is final.” he adds fast. I just nod and don’t say anything. We will cross that bridge when we get there.

That morning Harry booked a flight to London for that afternoon. The moment it was all sorted we hugged and kissed and didn’t let each other go. Harry would leave at noon, go to the hotel and from there straight to the airport.
“It will be okay, you will sort things out soon and come back to me.” I reassured Harry before I hugged him.
“Take care of yourself, beautiful. Don’t give up, okay?” I nodded not having much faith in my voice at the moment.
“I love you.” I kissed Harry while I tried to hold back my tears.
“I love you so much”
“I love you too, you are the one for me and one day I will marry you.” we kissed again before Harry left. I know I told him to go, I know he needs to go but the minute he leaves me I already miss him.

A.N.: 🎉Happy New Year🎉 I send my best wishes to every one of you. Let's make 2019 a happy, healthy year with lots of Harry in it.
I hope you all well and survived the holidays?
Let me know if you liked this chapter, don't forget to click the 🌟.
Enjoy your weekend!
All the love,
K. x