Chapter 14

I want to dedicate this chapter too my good friend Jo Choose_love_H_S Thank you for everything sweet Jo!

Harry pov

It looked at myself in the mirror, I was wearing a big blue and white striped jumper, blue skinny jeans and my black Chelsea boots. Nervous, I flicked my hair back before I decided I look good enough to meet Kate's parents. After all what they heard of me from Kate they asked if they could meet me, Kate asked me and I agreed to having breakfast with them at Kate's place. But now I don't know if it was such a good idea, what if they don't approve me and don't want Kate to spend time with me anymore?Kate is a grown woman with her own life but after everything she has been through, the bond with her parents is really strong and I'm not sure how she would react if they don't like me. I shrugged my negative thoughts off and took a deep breath before I walked down the stairs. I collected my phone, wallet and keys and left the house, I was pretty early so I decided I would make a stop at the flower shop.

Thirty minutes later I arrived at Kate's door, two bunches of flowers in my hands. I rang the bell with my pinkie, almost immediately the door flew open. My breath hitches when I look at Kate, she is wearing blue jeans and a red long sleeved shirt, the top three buttons are open so when she moves you can sometimes see the black lace of her lingerie. Her hair isn't in a ponytail or a bun like most of the time, it's in loose curls that flow over her shoulders. I stand in front of her with big eyes and my mouth slightly open.

"Harry, you okay?" Kate waves her hand in front of my eyes and rips me out of my trance.
"Yeah" I breath and I blink my eyes a couple of times
"You look so beautiful" I step forward, put the flowers on the floor and engulf her in a big hug.
"I'm happy to see you again but I'm nervous" I whisper in her ear while holding her.
"You'll be okay, they know how much you care and take care of me that's the most important to them" I let go of Kate and nod before I pick up the flowers.
"These are for you" I give Kate the bunch of red roses I bought for her and her facelights up.
"Thank you Harry, these are beautiful" Kate pipes.
"Anything for you sunshine" I state before Kate kisses my cheek.

I follow her to the living room where a tall man with grey hair and a little, lean woman are busy setting the table.
"Mom, dad, this is my..." Kate stops and looks at me confused.
"This is my Harry" she continues with a blush on her face. Butterflies fly around in my belly and I can't hold back a big smile with her choice of words, I'm her Harry.
"Harry, this is my mom Joanne or Jo and my dad Jacob" Kate introduces her parents. I take a step forward reach out my hand but I'm surprised when Joanne hugs me.
"These are for you, Mrs Jones" I give Jo the colourful bouquet. Kate's mother smiles wide and I immediately see Kate in her.

"Well thank you Harry, that's really sweet. And please just say Jo and Jacob" She smells the flowers and turns to her husband
"That's an example for you huh hubby?" she teases him.
I turn to Jacob and shake his hand "You're going to get me in trouble with your flowers" he laughs. I chuckle and Kate rolls her eyes, I already like how loose and relaxed they are.
Kate and her mother walk into the kitchen to put the flowers in some water while Jacob and I stay in the living room.
"We're happy to finally meet the man Kate can't shut up about" Jacob tells me.
"She talks about me?" I ask surprised. Jacob grins "Yes she does, it's Harry this and Harry that literally all the time." I can't hold back a big smile and a warm feeling spreads in my body.
"Your daughter is the amazing one" I said just before Kate and her mother joined us again.

Kate comes stand right next to me and leans against me, I put my hand around her shoulder and look down
"You hungry? " she asks her father and I, Jacob nods
"I'm always hungry, love" I answer. Hungry for you I add in my mind.
"Let's eat then" she says and we walk to the table. Kate's parents brought everything for breakfast with them from sandwiches, eggs to fruit and juice, it was delicious. During breakfast Kate's parents asked me questions about Kate's condition and if I had a plan to help her. It hurt to say there wasn't much I could do at the moment but I keep trying and researching. I saw how much it hurt Kate's parents to see their daughter like this, if they could, they would switch positions in a heartbeat.

After breakfast I insisted on helping Kate's mother to clean up everything while Kate and her dad went to the living room.
"See Jacob, Harry is a real example for you. Maybe I should send you two off for a weekend so Harry can teach you to be a new man" Jo pestered Jacob.
"I dunno Jo. You are getting me in trouble with Jacob, maybe I will turn myself against you" I teased. Jacob and Kate couldn't stop laughing with my comment and the shocked face Jo made so they ran off. Jo and I made some small talk when we cleaned up the kitchen, mainly it was Jo asking me questions about me and my family but I could feel there was something on Joanne's mind. When we had finished, I wanted to go back to the living room but Joanne took my hand.
"Harry, I wanted to tell you something" my heart stopped and every muscle in my body tensed by her words. There you have it, she is going to tell me I'm not good enough for her daughter.
"Thank you for making my daughter smile again." This isn't what I expected to hear and my body relaxed again.
"I don't know if Kate told you, she doesn't like to talk about it and keeps saying it's the past but her troubles started way before the back surgery." I frowned but said nothing.
"She was 17 when her boyfriend died in a motorcycle crash, we never went to a doctor but I think she got her first bout of depression at that age, at twenty-one she got bullied by her boss and got depressed again. Her boss really broke her and it took her a year to get a little on her feet again and to believe she was worth something. Attwenty-four she got a car accident and got a motor nerve entrapment, it took her eighteen months to get better. When it looked like things would turn around for her she got the hernia and you know the outcome of that. I just want to say, I haven't seen my daughter like this in a very long time. The way you make her smile and the way she acts in your presence, that's my little girl. Thank you from the bottom of mine and Jacobs hearts." tears are streaming over Jo's cheeks and I put my arms around her to hug her.
"I care deeply for your daughter, I promise I will do anything to make her better and to make her happy. Thank you for bringing this extraordinary woman into the world." I said to Kate's mother. I let go of her and she took her handkerchief to dry her cheeks.
"Do I look presentable?" she asked, I just nodded with a smile and we walked to the living room.

"Come Jacob, we're going home so these young people can do something nice." Joanne said to her husband.

"But... but Kate is feeling well today" he struggled.

"Yes and that's exactly why we have to go. Kate feels well, the weather is nice, harry is working extremely hard and he has the day off today, now, let them enjoy their time together" Jacob nodded and got up out of the couch. It was obvious who was wearing the pants in their marriage.
"I don't mind if you come with us" I said and the eyes of Kate's dad lit up but his hope crashed down when Joanne said we would spend more time together soon.

They both kissed Kate goodbye and told her they would call later and come by again on Monday. They hugged before I let them to the front door.

When I walk back into the living room Kate is on the couch
"Do you feel okay enough to go out?" I smile when she nods enthusiastic.
"Good, I want to show you a beautiful place" I say before I leave the living room and go to the kitchen grinning when I hear Kate begging me to tell her where we are going.

A.N.: Hi 😊
I hope you liked this chapter?
What would your parents think of Harry?
Please comment and vote.
I hope you had a nice weekend?!
All the love,
K. x