Chapter 21

Harry pov

I was hesitant to leave Kate alone when I had to go to the meeting. She said she was fine but she obviously wasn't. She was nervous and scared but I went anyway. I have to admit that since I left her room, she has been on my mind the whole time. I'm in a meeting about the budgets but I haven't heard one word the financial director of the hospital has said.

I have this uneasy feeling again that I've had once before, when I found Kate on the ground of her apartment. I can't just leave this meeting to see if she's okay. I told the nurses to call me if there is a problem and Katia, my secretary, knows what is happening with Kate and where I am too.

I try to concentrate on the meeting but budgets aren't my thing. I don't even know why doctors have to attend these meetings.

I get knocked out of my thoughts when the door flew open revealing Katia.

She stands at the door for a moment, panting and looking around until our eyes meet. I see panic and worry in her eyes. I throw my chair back and stand up looking at Katia with intense eyes.
"Go, she needs you," are the only words she has to say before I run out of the room. I've never in my life run this fast before. I don't have time to wait for the elevator and I run three stories up, straight to Kate's room.

 When I come round the corner I see Kate is breathing heavily.

"She had a panic attack and then fainted," Liz says to me.

"What?" I raise my voice. "Why didn't you call sooner?" I look at the nurse, who looks like she is panicking herself.

"I thought I could handle it myself," she admits.
"How long was she out for?" I ask, but she clearly sees I'm annoyed by what she did.
"We gave her a shot to calm her down when she was panicking and a minute later she fainted. She opened her eyes but she immediately started to panic and hyperventilate again and she didn't want to keep her oxygen mask on. The surgeon is coming up in a minute too."

I ignore the nurse and go sit next to Kate on the bed. "Kate, Sunshine," I take Kate's head in my hands and look in her scared eyes.

"I need you to calm down baby as your heart rate and breathing are too fast. Look into my eyes, put the mask back on and breath with me". We breathe together for I don't know how long. Kate is clutching my shirt and stares at me but it looks like she sees straight through me.

"Good girl. I'm so proud of you. You can do this, you'll be okay." I close my eyes and kiss the top of Kate's head. After I lean back, I take her blood pressure again and see that it's much better. Her breathing has slowed down too.
"Harry," Kate whispers and looks up to me with her big forest green eyes, "Can you come lay down with me and hold me please?" I smile. Kate lays on her side and I spoon her, I feel her body relax more by my closeness and it warms my heart that I have that effect on her. I caress her hair and whisper sweet nothings in her ear and soon Kate is sleeping. I get up and want to walk into the hallway, but before I reach the door Doctor Cass comes in.

"Hi Harry, how is she doing? I'm sorry it took so long. They're preparing the OR now for her procedure," Donna says.
"She is calm now but she's so scared. Whatever happened before hasreally traumatized her," I look up to my sleeping girl and smile fondly.

"It's good she has you by her side. The nurses told me they couldn't calm her down but when you came in she immediately calmed down." Donna looks at me with a sneaky smile, "You really love her huh?"
I look at my colleague surprised.

"I... euhm... we... we are friends," I stutter.
"I know that's what you keep saying, but I see what I see. Don't let rules stand in the way of your happiness, Harry. I'm going back now, you can come with her until she goes into the OR but you can't stay." I nod and give her a little smile.
Doctor Cass leaves the room and one minute later an OR nurse comes in to get Kate.

"Hi Doctor Styles, can I wake Miss Jones up or do I let her sleep?" the nurse named Bert asks.
"I'll wake her up, one minute," Bert nods and I walk to Kate =j thanks to all the people talking in the room, Kate wakes up by herself.
"Sunshine, they're here to get you," I say with a low voice. Immediately I see the fear in her eyes again. "Don't be scared, you will be okay! You have to be positive because you can't go into surgery with this fear. When they put you under, you're going to think about that day I met your parents and we went to the field or the day we went to the zoo. You have to think about something good. It will make you feel better when you wake up," Kate nods with watery eyes.
I nod to Bert and he starts to push Kate in her bed out of the room. I follow them through the big hospital hallways and when I can, I touch Kate's cheek or her hand so she knows that I'm there. We walk into the pre-operation room. Bert pushesKate into a cubicle where the patients are separated by blue curtains. Bert walks out but immediately comes back in to give Kate an IV.
"I have to go back now, but you remember what I said - it will be okay, you will be okay, we will be okay. I'll see you in a couple of hours." I hug Kate tight and kiss her cheek before they take her away. Kate didn't say much before they took her away but it was because she was trying to keep herself together.

I walk to my office. Usually I would stop by Katia for a chat, but I keep thinking about what Donna said. Do I love Kate? I would do anything for her and I want to make her the happiest woman in the world. I want to be with her all the time. She's the most sweet, kind and beautiful woman I've ever known. When she's around or even when I start to think of her, she brings my whole body to life. It's hard to walk with a hard on for hours. I try to imagine my life without her and I can't. I can't live without her and I don't want to life without her. Then I realize it. Donna was right. I love Kate! I'm in love with her!!

A.N.: Hi!
What would Kate do without Harry, she would be lost.
I hope you liked the chapter, please vote and comment.
Have a nice Sunday.
All the love,
K.x