Medical words

Hi! In the next chapter I will use lots of medical terms and names of medicines. 
If there still is something you don't understand, please ask and I will explain. 
Enjoy reading!

Lumbago: pain in the muscles and joints of the lower back.

NSAID'S: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, are a drug class that reduce pain, decrease fever, prevent blood clots and, in higher doses, decrease inflammation. Side effects depend on the specific drug, but largely include an increased risk of gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeds, heart attack and kidney disease.

Tramadol: sold under the brand name Ultram among others, is an opioid pain medication used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. When taken by mouth in an immediate-release formulation, the onset of pain relief usually occurs within an hour.

Gabapentin/ Neurontin: is a medication which is used to treat partial seizures, neuropathic pain, hot flashes, and restless legs syndrome. It is recommended as one of a number of first-line medications for the treatment of neuropathic pain caused by diabetic neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia, and central neuropathic pain.

Duloxetine, sold under the brand name Cymbalta 

Oxycodone, sold under brand names such as Percocet and OxyContin among others, is an opioid medication which is used for the relief of moderate to severe pain. It is usually taken by mouth, and is available as a single-ingredient medication in immediate release and controlled release formulations.

Failed back surgery syndrome (also called FBSS, or failed back syndrome) is a misnomer, as it is not actually a syndrome - it is a very generalized term that is often used to describe the condition of patients who have not had a successful result with back surgery or spine surgery and have experienced continued pain ...

Targinact is a painkiller containing a combination of medicines. Oxycodone is a painkiller that belongs to a group of medicines called opioids. Naloxone works to block unwanted effects of oxycodone, and is used in combination with oxycodone to reduce side effects such as constipation. Targinact is used to treat severe pain associated with RLS when other treatments may have failed. It acts within the brain and spinal cord to decrease your feeling of, and reaction to pain. The severity of symptoms associated with RLS may be improved.

Neurostimulator, An implantable neurostimulator is a surgically placed device about the size of a stopwatch. It delivers mild electrical signals to the epidural space near your spine through one or more thin wires, called leads. (Picture)

 (Picture)