Chapter 16

Harry pov
"Okay love, I'll see you later. Just rest and read the book I got you. Bye beautiful." I end the call, put my phone away in my pants while I walk down the big hospital hallways. It's been a couple of days since Kate and I went to the field and she's been stuck in bed ever since. I blame myself for going into the river with her. I'm sure the cold water and the movement of the swimming made it all worse for her. Next time I just have to say no.

"Dr. Styles, can I have a word," one of the interns Brian, stops me while I'm on my way to see a patient on the ward.

"I'm pretty busy at the moment, Brian. Can we do this later?" It wasn't really a question because I just kept walking further into the long white hallway without looking at the second year intern.

"Well I think you're going to find it important to know right away," he mumbles but I pretend I don't hear him. I'm impressed he isn't afraid to push because lots of interns would leave it be and go on with their day.

"It's about Kate Jones," I hear Brian say and I freeze and abruptly turn around to see a worried look on my intern's face.

"What's going on?" I ask frowning while I walk to the man in front of me.

"I'm not sure, but I have something you have to see. I want to show you on the big screens in the x-ray lab." Brian turns around assuming I will follow him, which I do.

What's going on and why is Brian acting like it's a big secret? I start to get wound up as we get closer to the lab. When we finally reach it Brian walks inside the room with multiple screens attached to the wall in front us. The room is dark so we have a better view of the screens. Brian and I take a seat at the desks behind the screens and he immediately starts tapping away on the computer. I cross my arms in front of my chest and nervously wait until Kate's last scans pop up on the screen.

"I was working on Miss Jones' case last night and something on the MRI caught my attention," he said as he furiously clicked on the screen until the screen turned on with Kate's last MRI scans.

"I haven't talked to anyone about it because I wasn't sure if I'm right. I hope I'm wrong actually." Brian walked to the screen, the tall intern's shoulders are slumped down. It looks like he has all the weight of the world on his shoulders. I remember my days as an intern. The only thing I did was work, study and sometimes sleep. Often getting too attached to a patient or their story.

Brian got me out of my thoughts when he started talking again.

"I was just studying her spine so I didn't notice until my eyes accidentally fell on it," I didn't expect Brian to be right honestly as he is an intern - he isn't supposed to be right.
"Look at this here," Brian points to something on the screen. I take a step closer to have a better view. My eyes get big with the realisation of what it is.

A. N. : Sorry for the short filler chapter. I hope you liked it.
The next one will be longer.
Please vote and comment, thank you!
All the love,
K. x