Chapter 33

Harry pov

The holiday wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Kate had warned me but I thought it would be fine if I made some extra effort but, it turns out that it wasn't.
The first night at our cottage Kate didn't slept a wink. All night she laid in bed tossing and turning, moaning from pain. At 3 am she had had enough and got out of bed. When I got up in the morning, I found her on the beach reading her book. She showed me pictures of the beautiful sunrise she witnessed and for a moment I regretted that I didn't get up with her. We decided to stay at the hotel and lounge around at our cottage. The hotel provided a delicious breakfast at the cottage so we could eat in silence on our terrace while watching the waves and the candy-floss looking clouds.
"It's so beautiful out here," Kate whispered. She got up and crawled onto my lap with her head on my chest.
"Thank you for bringing me here," she said as she looked up to me and kissed my cheek.
"I would do anything to make you happy. You're my girl and you are all that matters," I replied. I gave her a kiss on the top of her head and held her tight for some time, enjoying her warm skin against mine.
After breakfast, we both showered and got dressed in our bathing suits. When Kate came out of the bedroom I was stunned by her beauty. She looks so pretty in her short, little, purple bathing suit-dress. Kate's a tiny woman but wearing this, her legs look twice as long, it shows off her beautiful round breasts and her curves. I wish I could undress her and claim her as mine over and over again.
We lay down on our lounge chairs by the pool, sleeping and reading, occasionally relaxing in the pool. I see Kate flinch in pain every time she moves on her lounge chair, even after all my efforts to make the trip more comfortable for her, it's still so difficult for her. The bad night she had wouldn't have done her any good either. It hurts to see her in this amount of pain. It's a fight I'll never win and it makes me feel so powerless.
Even though we both knew she can't handle it, Kate insisted that we to go to the restaurant for dinner. When I come out on the terrace, all dressed up in a khaki, linen pants with a half unbuttoned white shirt, I see Kate standing halfway towards the beach. She just turns her head towards me and smiles widely. Kate' wearing a long,colourful, bohemian style summer dress with flip flops. Her hair is hanging lose over her shoulders and she isn't wearing any make-up. The sun is setting behind Kate and she looks like an angel. It was so beautiful that I got emotional. I love Kate so much. I'd walk on water for her. Our eyes locked while I walk to her on the beach, our gaze never dropping. When I'm close enough, I take Kate's hand in mine, my other hand slips around her back and I push our bodies together. I touch Kate's nose with mine before I press my lips on hers.
Kate holds me like her hands are too cold and I am on fire and I love it. She kisses me back with an equal amount of passion and when we split Kate sighs contentedly.
"You are amazing Harry Styles! I never want to live one day without you." I smiled and my heart swelled even more for this beautiful woman.
"You are lucky then, because I will never let you go." I cup Kate's cheek with one hand and peck her lips.

"Baby, we're perfect," Kate giggles and without more words, we walked inside.

Kate was in pain last night. I woke up and found her crying on the couch.
"Hey beautiful, what's wrong" I asked when I found her. She crawls into my arms and sobbed, "Pain," was all she said and my heart truly breaks for her.
She took her maximum amount of painkillers but it still wasn't enough and I can't do anything. I take her back to bed and gather all the pillows I can find, so I can put them under her legs. If I can let her lay down with her knees at a 90 degree angle, there'll be less pressure on the nerve and maybe she might have less pain. Kate is just watching me, saying nothing. Sometimes it looks like she can zone out completely, like she can turn off her emotions like she's physically there, but not emotionally. It's probably a coping mechanism for the pain, but it would be better if she could talk to someone, preferably me.

When her legs are up, I lay beside her, kissing her cheek while I whisper sweet nothings in her ear. After a while, she finally starts dozing off and when I'm sure she is sleeping, I allow myself to fall back asleep.

"No Harry, we aren't staying at the resort again. We are going to the village," Kate insists emphatically.

"But sweetheart, you had a horrible night and even though you act like you're fine, I know you're in a lot of pain and I know that you have already taken 2 painkillers. You're not going to make it better by going out," I protested. I tried to bring some reasoning to Kate. I love her, but she can be so stubborn sometimes and I don't get it. Why does she need to go into town? Why can't she just stay here instead of wearing herself out?
"We are going into town, Harry! End of discussion. I'm going to get ready," she said firmly. Kate didn't give me the chance to say anything back, she just turned around and walked inside.
I pushed Kate in her wheelchair to town. She was clearly uncomfortable sitting, and looking at her facial expressions, I could see that she was in pain but I decided not to say anything.

We strolled by the harbour. An old, wrinkled woman was sitting on the dock waiting for her husband to get off his boat. When he finally arrived she took him in her arms and kissed him like there would be no tomorrow.

"I hope that's us in fifty years," Kate said watching the old couple fondly. I kiss the top of her head and then her cheek. "I hope I won't make you run from me in all those years."

I frown at her words. Why would she say something like that?

"Nothing can make me run from you, beautiful," I quickly reply as I kiss her cheek again and we walk into the little town. We arrive at a large open area. It's some kind of market place with lots of tourist shops around it. It's beautiful and cosy, buildings with white and blue as as the main colors and flower beds all around. We look at the things they sell but unfortunately there are multiple steps to go inside some shops, and Kate doesn't want me to bother trying to get her inside. It's no problem for me to do it, but she says that if they can't make sure disabled people can go inside, then she refuses to buy something from them. At the places Kate can go in, her eyes light up and she eagerly looks around.

"Are you sure you don't want to go inside the other shops," I ask when we have been in all the ones with the easy access.

"No and I don't want to talk about it," Kate snaps. I know she doesn't mean to be like this. She snaps out of frustration, because she feels powerless. I don't say anything and decide that it's time to go back to the hotel.

After lunch, Kate tries to sleep for a couple of hours whilst I read my book on the beach. While laying here, thinking about Kate, thinking about how much pain she's in... I now understand what she warned me about. We are on holiday and it's all very relaxed but the travel to our destination took its toll and she hasn't had the time to recuperate from it. Here at the resort, we can do what we want but for some reason she insisted on going to town, on eating at the restaurant, so she is moving far more than she does at home. It's logical that she's in more pain too. I feel guilty because I wanted this trip to be a treat for her, so she could have a nice time, but I have caused her more pain. It hurts me so much to see her suffer like this and she won't let me in, or talk to me about it.
That night, Kate insisted on dinner at the hotel restaurant again. She slept a couple of hours but I could see her experiencing so much pain and it only got worse. Although she wasn't upset or mad, I could feel she wasn't like she usually would be.

After dinner, I said I wanted to watch a movie with her on the bed. She was wearing black lace panties and bra and I have to admit, seeing her like this turned me on. If she wasn't in so much pain I would take her right here, right now. When the movie was done I sat up and took her in.
"I have something for you," I said with a big smile. Kate's eyes started to twinkle and she smiled.
"Do you? What do you have," she asked curiously. I picked up my pants from earlier, took a little red bag out of the pocket and gave it to her. She smiled while biting her lip as she opened it and took out the colourful evil eye bracelet.

"It's beautiful, Harry! Thank you," she said and she kissed me on my lips, "But you were with me the whole time. When did you buy it," she asked. I pushed my hair back and grinned at her.

"While you were looking at those sandals, you said I could look around so I took it and paid. I knew you would like it because you were looking at them in every store. It's not much but I give it to you with all the love in my heart, my beautiful girl." Kate looked at me and suddenly her eyes changed from happy to sad in one second and she started crying uncontrollably.

A.N.: Hi,
I hope you liked this chapter? Let me know...
Don't forget to vote!
I wish you all a wonderful weekend!
All the love,
K. x