Part 32

Gavin's POV

Clary lead us down through so many tunnels I wondered how she knew where she was going. I couldn't help but admire how much she knew about the situation though, knowing when to take lead and fall behind. She was amazing. 

I shake my head to rid myself of these thoughts when Clary stops at a doorway. She turns back to face us and gestures for us to be quiet.

She opens the door carefully and steps inside. She motions for us to not follow while she checks to make sure the way was clear. She then puts her hand back into the room where we were and motions for us to follow her. 

"Hey, this is where he kept you captive." Izzy whispers. She was walking one step behind Clary. 

Clary just nods and keeps on walking. The corridor that they are walking down now was very long. I couldn't even see the end. 

We heard footsteps but Clary didn't even panic, all she did was pull us into one of the grooves in the wall. It turns out it was another room. 

We wait until the footsteps were well out of earshot before continuing on our way. Every step we take kicks up a puff of dirt. 

We finally reached the end of the hallway and Clary confidently opens this door knowing no one was behind it somehow. 

Behind this door was a massive cavern. placed directly in front of us was another door that was behind a giant fountain. She turns to us and points at that door. 

"That's where he will be?" I whisper.

She nods before bending down on one knee and gestures for us to copy her as she begins to draw on the floor. Her finger tracing patterns through the dirt. I noticed she was drawing a room. 

"Is that the layout?" I ask. Again she nods 

"Okay, it seems that there is cover as soon as we open the door, wait, how tall is that object or is it a wall?" Jace asks beginning to formulate a plan. 

Wall 

"We will be able to get in the room without him noticing. It looks like there are pillars as coverage that are ringing the room, so Izzy, Gavin and Clary, you will go left and jump along the pillars until you get behind him, we will do the same on the right.

"We will get behind him and Alec or I will jump in front while the rest surrounds him. When that happens it will be free game as to who kills him." He looks around the group making sure to meet everyone's eyes except Clary's. 

We all know he has the opposite affect that I do. 

I look into Clary's eyes and see a glint of something that makes me afraid. She is going to kill him. 

"Everyone ready?" Alec asks. We all nod before standing back up, dusting off the dirt and we walk around the fountain that has water spilling over the edges and straight up to the door. Alec moves to open the door when Clary just walks straight up to the door and opens it not listening to our whispered questions. 

She walks through the door and we have no choice but to follow. Clary doesn't stop she just walks straight ahead into the room that we though had some coverage to hide ourselves. Instead it was open. There was no coverage. Except for the chair that Malcolm was sitting on, that was on the other side of the room. 

This room was barely as big as the other yet still as cavernous. The roof went on for ages but we were only 20 meters away. 

Clary walked right up to him and stood by his side. Like a soldier. She wasn't moving. Only breathing.

"Good job Little Doll, you can speak now." He says smirking at us. 

"I'm going to kill you." She says deadpan. "You know I hate my voice being taken away. 

"Oh, you will learn not to speak and respect me. Now, you know what I have planned, do you want to explain?" 

"Argh, you're gonna make me. You know, I don't like this agreement." She says groaning. 

"Agreement? What agreement?" Jace sputters. She just laughs before answering. 

"Well, Malcolm managed to explain to me exaclty what he was doing and why. I understood completely and he's actually not the bad guy in this situation. We were. We made a deal and now here we are." She says, "Now what is going to happen is that you will choose one of you to fight me to the death. No mercy. Whoever wins either gets to leave or the rest of the group dies to. You are all a pain to us." 

"Don't we get a chance to join?" I ask. The others give me an incredulous look. 

"Malcolm?" 

"Hmm, is this the one you have feelings for?" He asks. 

"Yes he is." She what now? She has feelings for me and doesn't look at me like what was I thinking? I stand a chance at keeping her? 

"He can stay. As long as you win. Now, Gavin was it? Whatever," He says waving his hand dismissively before I could answer, "You don't get the chance to fight. Clarissa here has convinced me we needed two people. So it get's to be you if she wins and the injured one outside if she loses." 

"I thought it was to the death.' I say.

"It is. But Clarissa doesn't die. I would know." He says getting irritated. What does he mean sh doesn't die. "Choose the person to fight her now." 

"I'll fight her." Jace says stepping forward. 

"Oooh a fight between ex-lovers. This will be great." He says now excited. "You both get to choose a weapon from over there," He points over to the wall and there is a panel that slides to reveal a stash of weapons. Clary heads straight over there and picks out two kindjals. 

Jace walks slowly over there and takes his time studying the wall before settling on a long wooden staff. 

"Now, no one can help. Jace, Clarissa please step into the middle of the room." They both did so and the second they were in the middle a barrier formed between us and the two about to fight. Clary then turns to walk down to one end. Jace copies the motion. 

"Begin." 

A/N

Ahhhh, a good old fight. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, who's POV should I do next? Malcolms? Or Gavin again? 

Thx for reading!