Part 30

Clary's POV

The noise of the fountain was all I could hear. After Malcolm made me come back to the place where he first held me captive he made me sit beside him. Just sit here. He wants me to tell him how I broke it. 

"If you won't tell me, I guess you'll stay here forever." He says casually. I look up at him. I can't stay here forever. "I don't even know who you are not giving in to my commands when I tell you to speak." 

I look away. I study the room that I am in. It was the massive room where he caught me and forced me to obey him. The door over the other side was open allowing the noise to filter in. 

"Hmm. I guess we will have to wait." 

"For what?" I ask. I have been able to control my mouth but not my actions. I don't know why. It happened the second I walked through the door. One moment I was walking quietly thinking over what had happened and the next I was yelling at people. 

It was surprising how many people Malcolm had convinced or controlled. 

"The others to get here. But by then you won't be able to talk at all." He say smirking. 

"How are you going to manage that?" I ask.

"You see, I don't only have knowledge in magic. But in herbal remedies. Although, you wouldn't consider this a remedy. More like a problem. All I have to do is get you to consume some of this herbal mix and voila, no speaking." 

"Good luck getting me to eat that." He grins at me. 

"I don't need luck. You have already had it. What I forgot to mention, was that it takes about half hour to take affect. Did you like the marinade on that chicken?" He asks. 

I open my mouth to respond but no words come out. The last bit of control was now gone. 

"All we have to do now is wait. You know they are coming for you. I have something special planned for them." He says evilly. I look at him, hoping he explains further. "Ahh, you want to know? Well. They are going to portal here since, as you know, it is very far away. I have some wards set up so that any unauthorized portals arrive they can all step onto the land but then the last person to step foot, gets a feeling of pain. Pain they have never felt before, then it begins. The slow slicing on the stomach. The feeling of knife wounds slicing over and over again. Your healing runes won't stop it. Only I can.

"But that's not all. When they make it to the house and down the stair, since you told them it was underground, it becomes like the labyrinth. Impossible to find the way here and to get out. Time loses all meaning. Aren't you looking forward to the fun? After I have them all, I will attempt to take over their minds and if I fail, I only need one person to communicate to the Clave to make it seem like the institute is running. By then, I have power. Power over the institute and the surrounding area." 

I look at him. He has it all planned out and the others aren't going to know what hit them. 

"You think its over?" He starts laughing maniacally, "I'm going to make sure one of them lives long enough to fight to the death. Against you!" He says gleefully. "Of course, you're going to win. I need you. Or should  I send you out to meet them?" He lowers his voice, the tone changing from glee to consideration. "Yes, sending you out to meet them will give them hope, only to be destroyed." 

We both turn when the sound of the fountain is drowned out by marching footsteps. Of multiple people running. 

"Sir, they have arrived." The man leading the group says. 

"Excellent. Please take Clary out to the entrance of the maze. But not in sight. I want them to see her and think, was it that easy?"

"Yes sir." At that I rise. Not in control over my own limbs. I let myself get led outside the room with the fountain. The noise fading until it was nothing. We were walking for what felt like an eternity. Right up until I see the light. 

And Simon on the ground, blood covering his shirt. I want to run over to him, comfort him, help him. But I can't. 

All I could do was stand here and watch. Watch as my friend is bleeding out in front of me. 

A/N  

Well shit, I'm alive. Sorry about the delay and short chapter. I had major writers block. Anyway its currently 2 in the morning and I have just built a fuckin bookshelf. What am i doing with my life?

Merry Christmas! Bit late but whatever. 

Oh and I'm currently reading the Dark Artifices, (about Emma and Julian and the Blackthorns) And it's not the same Malcolm! Wanted to clarify that. I just got the last book in that series and looking forward to finishing it!

Goodnight (or morning) 

Hope you enjoyed and thx for reading!