Part 33

Clary's POV

I led them into a trap. I couldn't help it. Malcolm had me controlled. Somehow he had aslo managed to strengthen the hold he has on me so that when I met Gavin's eyes nothing happened. Nothing. 

It's probably the close proximity. 

"You can speak now." I tune back in to hear. I was studying the group and their expressions. Izzy was horrified. Jace was standing there just looking stupid with his mouth open. Alec didn't move a muscle and Gavin. 

He was standing there looking destroyed. He doesn't know how to properly hide emotions yet. 

"I'm going to kill you." I say. Able to express my free will. "You know I hate my voice being taken away." This time I had no control. He has learnt how to control me properly. I want to face him and glare but I can't I can only remain here, watching the others. 

"Oh, you will learn not to speak and respect me.Now, you know what I have planned, do you want to explain?" He asks like I have a choice. Like I have given into what he has planned. He is making the others think I have joined him. 

I will kill him. 

"Argh, you're gonna make me. You know I don't like this agreement." I groan. Like a whining child. 

"Agreement? What agreement?" Jace sputters. My mouth splits into a grin before I start laughing at him. 

"Well, Malcolm managed to explain to me exactly what he is doing and why. I understood completely and he is not the bad guy in this situation. We were. We made a deal and now here we are. Now what is going to happen is that you will choose one of you to fight me to the death. No mercy. Whoever wins either gets to leave or the rest of the group dies too. You're all a pain to us." I grimace like they were flies in our food. 

"Don't we get the choice to join?" The other give Gavin looks like what on earth is he thinking. I manage to soften the look in my eyes before being forced to turn to Malcolm. 

"Malcolm?" I ask. He knows what I mean since he made me say it.

"Hmm, is he the one you have feelings for?" I feel my heart stop beating in my chest. He is but I don't want to admit it. Not in front of everyone. 

My palms begin to sweat as my heart races. I struggle to breathe. 

"Yes he is." I say. I turn back to face the others. Not able to meet anyone's eyes. I cast my gaze to the roof, but not before seeing the shock on Gavin's face. I wanted to tell him, not like this, not in front of everyone. 

"He can stay. As long as you win. Now, Gavin? Was it? Whatever." He says with a lazy flick of the wrist. " You don't get the chance to fight Clarissa here has convinced me we need two people. So it gets to be you, if she wins and the injured one outside if she loses." 

"I thought it was to the death?" Gavin asks. 

"It is, but Clarissa doesn't die, I would know." He says feigning irritation. I do die. He knows that but he is making sure they lose confidence in winning. "Choose the person to fight her now." 

"I'll fight her." Jace says stepping forward. 

"Oooh, a fight between ex-lovers. This will be great." The irritation dropped like it was spider crawling on something you were holding. He was now excited. "You both get to choose a weapon from over there." He flings his hand over to the wall and the wall splits open to reveal a jackpot of weapons. 

I walk straight over there and choose two kindjals. The weapon I first fought Valentine with. I walk back over and wait as Jace takes his time choosing his weapon. 

Finally he settles on a long wooden staff. It's got the reach that the knives don't have but not the danger they have. 

"Now, no one can help. Jace, Clarissa, please step into the middle of the room." We did as he said. Me not controlling my actions. Him willingly. 

We were chest to chest before the shield came up. 

"I'm not going to kill you Clary." He whispers before I turn back around to walk to the end of the now arena. A few seconds later Jace does the same. 

"Begin." I hear Malcolm say.

"You'll regret this Jace Herondale." I say before sprinting to the other side so fast he couldn't even react. Malcolm spelled me to have faster reflexes and speed and strength

I shoved one of the blades into his shoulder before he even got his staff up to defend me. He hisses in pain and maneuvers the staff in between us and pushes. I go flying back and land on my back. I had trained for this though and rolled with the momentum and jumped back up before he had walked over to me.  

I decide to go in for the attack and twist my arms so that I can weasel my way in through his defense. I managed to get another swipe in his shoulder. He knocks my feet out from under me and I couldn't get up before he positions the staff right at my throat. 

"No mercy Herondale. What's this? Kill me." I say. 

"I can't" 

"Then why volunteer?" I say as the side that is controlling my movements aims to throw the kindjal into his heart. 

"I can't stand any of the others dying." He says. 

I pull my arm back until my hand touches the floor. Malcolm wants him dead but I can't let that happen. 

As I'm about to release the kindjal I feel myself gain some control in my hand but not much. 

I watch the kindjal fly through the air and everything seems to go in slow motion. Jace lifts the staff from my throat and I spring back into a crouching position watching as the kindjal sinks into his chest. 

"JACE!" Izzy and Alec say in unison. Gavin is just watching me. I stand up and look over to Malcolm. He is watching this all fold out with a smug smile on his face. I turn back around to face the others. 

He lowers the barrier stopping Alec and Izzy reach Jace and they go sprinting over to him. I stand there watching as Izzy throws glares at me while crying over her brother. Gavin doesn't move. I want to go over to both Jace and Gavin but I couldn't. 

All I could do was mouth to Gavin, attack now. 

A/N

I was planning on publishing 2 nights ago. But I needed opinions on whether I should have killed someone. They conflicted me so I had a solution. This. 

Anyway, this is coming to an end probably 5 more? Give or take some. I want to edit the story especially the first few chapters. Those ones are shitt. 

Hope you enjoyed!

Thx for reading!