Part 23

Jace's POV

I woke up early and went straight down to the library. Walking in I scan the walls. Where should I look today. Picking a random place on the upper floor I head there. 

I don't realise how much time passes until Izzy walks into the room.

"You ready for extra research?" I call out over the balcony. I pop my head over to see her. 

"ARGH, I don't want to be." She says. "Where should I start today?" 

"How about over there? Near the History of Magic section." I say even though I have been through it, maybe she will find something different. 

"Haven't you gone through there?" She asks. 

"Yeah, I did say near there though." I tell her. What, I did.

"I'll just head over here." She groans heading towards hypnotism and dreams. She is staying on the bottom floor so that I won't be distracted by her. Or vice versa. 

Getting to work I pull out a book on Mind control. It seemed like a pretty old book. I take it down the stairs and take a seat at the table. Opposite where Clary would sit. If she was here she would be making some sort of joke to lighten up the mood. 

Everyone seems to be taking her disappearance differently. Izzy seems more subdued, Alec was frantic, Magnus was worried about her being mind controlled, Simon has locked himself in his room searching for Angel knows what. I was kind of a mix of them all. Then there is Gavin. He is panicking massively and freaking out about everything he had just learnt about Shadowhunters and how Clary could be mind controlled. 

"Jace, have you and Alec ever shared a dream when one was in danger?" Izzy asks me while walking over with a book. I glance up at her. She was as white as a sheet.

"No, we haven't, it's not impossible though, why?" I ask 

"I think I just had a dream about Clary. You know the ones I have been having lately? Yeah. I think this one went further." She tells me.

"What do you mean 'think'?"

"I don't know, I just don't remember." She groans, "I think it was important." 

"Try describing it to me." I say. 

She begins to describe the dream. 

"This is where I would usually wake up, I know I didn't wake up this time I just can't remember what it was about." She groans.

"You brought a book over, I'm assuming that it was for a reason." I ask.

"Yes, I think I have a way to remind me of dreams that are forgotten." 

"How do we do that?" 

"We need to get a few ingredients to make a sort of potion. We have most of them but we need to head out to grab another." She tells me.  

xX---Xx

We had gotten the ingredients and made the potion. It was pretty simple. All we had to do was put everything in a pot and boil it. Kind of like the potions that Hodge used to make.

I poured the potion into a cup and gave it to Izzy. She drank some and gagged. 

"Oh, that is horrible!" She says. 

"You got to finish it for it to take effect." I say. She starts groaning but then downs the drink. Nothing happened. I look away hoping to think of a different way.