Part 11

A/N I have decided to add a subplot so it's not just about Jace and Clary and Simon. Hope you enjoy this, tell me if you like it and give me ideas to expand on the subplot. THANKS

Isabelle's POV

"What were you doing in the blood bar?" I ask the vampire. I've learnt that his name was James and has only recently turned. 

"Minding my own business, you should try it sometime." He spat at me. 

"That's not an answer and you know it. You have only just turned, you have been part of the New York clan long enough to know the rules. Why were you in the abandoned Blood bar that Camille once owned?"

"Whose Camille?" He tells me looking confused.

"Don't play dumb, you know who she is, why else would Raphael say you were a Camille loyalist, why else would you be in Camille's blood bar."

"I don't know who you're talking about. I've only just turned. I don't know half the vampires names in the Clan" He says looking completely confused now.

"Huh, guess I forgot how old you were. Anyway, why were in the bar. With dead bodies." I say 

"Wouldn't you love to know" James says looking me dead in the eye.

"Looks like you enjoy torture." I grin at him as I walk behind him to grab the blinds chain. I give it a yank and the window just above him opens. He hisses in pain.

"Why were you in the blood bar?" I ask again. He doesn't answer. "I'm getting impatient, how about we bring in some crosses?" 

"I was there on a mission." He says. 

"What was the mission? Who sent you?" I say. The Clave was right, something was off about this. 

"Wouldn't you love to know." He repeats. I just smirk at him as I walk out of the room. I look back through the one way glass and see his face relax. Good, he's scared of me. I walk over to the wall specialised in vampire torture. Alec wants to get rid of it, I don't it's times like this where I need it. I grab one of the smaller ones and the larger one. Also a bottle of holy water. Just in case.

I open the door to walk back in and I see him flinch. I just smile.

"Are you ready to answer?" I ask

"Depends on the question." He answers.

"So, I have to ask the right questions to get the answers out of you?" I say. He nods "Not likely, you see, I know how to get information out of people. Or in your case vampires." I see a flash of fear in his eyes. 

"Are you ready? Who sent you," I pause, "To the blood bar? This is the last passive time I'm going to ask. So if you care about your limbs, I recommend telling me." 

"Maureen" He says before his body begins shaking. He looks like he is having a seizure. I don't know what to do, vampires don't have seizures. He manages to open his eyes and see the confusion I must have on my face since he gave me a full tooth grin, only his teeth were covered in blood. One of his legs kick out and goes still. Every other part is still shaking though. I am very confused What is happening? His other leg goes still. Then his arms, his body and his head is still shaking, much more violently now. He manages to look me in the eye and says,

"Beware of Maureen, She is coming." While laughing maniacally before he goes silent. The life draining from his eyes. Blood pouring out of his open mouth. That is when it hits me he was killing himself to not answer anymore questions. 

"Maureen," I mutter to myself, "Who is she? I feel like I know who she is. Who is Maureen?"

"Why are you asking who Maureen is?" I hear Simon say. 

"I was just questioning a vampire and he said to beware of Maureen. I feel like I know who she is."

Simon just looks at me, "Maureen is dead"

Clary POV

The only way I can relax now days is to paint or draw. I have spent neatly all of my money on my sketchbooks. I gave up on that painting just after Jace came into the room since all it gave me were memories of the night we spent on my bed before the war. I tried and tried to get back in the groove but I just couldn't get it out of my mind. Do I still like Jace? Is all I can think about, I mean why else would I run away when he tries to talk to me? Why else would I get nervous when he comes up to talk? Do I?  

It has been 2 days since that conversation where I finally spoke my whole mind. he hasn't tried to come up to me again, Why does that make me sad? I try to move on but I don't know if I can. I thought I was over that. Apparently I'm not. 

A knock on the door shakes me from my daze, I glance down at my sketchbook, I drew an image of a man, someone that I have never seen before. He showed no emotion and had dark wings extending out of his back. He was holding two katanas and was ready for a fight 

(image above or side depending on what you're reading this on)

"Hey Clary, I have something major to tell everyone, I was just looking for you, meet down in the kitchen in a couple of minutes, you look like you need a break. Good drawing  by the way." I hear Izzy say drawing me out of another daze.

"Nah, I'll head down with you." I tell Izzy setting the pencil I didn't even know I had in my hand down. The walk down to the kitchen was silent. I was lost in my thoughts thinking about what could the major news be. Well, I'm about to find out. 

 "Okay, so I called everyone down here for a reason. You all know how the Clave made me question the vampire?" We all nod so she continues "Well, he said that we should beware of a girl called Maureen. As I was thinking out loud to myself after the vampire killed himself Simon comes into the room and says that Maureen was dead." 

"Wait, wasn't Maureen Eric's younger cousin? She died a vampire by Maia and Lily?" I ask. Simon just nods. "Is that the say Maureen?" 

"We think so. Why else would a vampire be in a blood bar under orders? Who else would get that loyalty like Maureen did when she was the clan leader." Izzy says. I notice that Simon doesn't look at anyone, just stares down at the ground, probably guilty even though it wasn't his fault Maureen was turned. 

"Is that what you called us down to tell us?" Jace says looking bored. He was also staring at me. Izzy nods to what Jace said, "How is that major news?" 

"Do you remember what Raphael told us about the vampire when he called us in?" Izzy asks. I nod my head remembering that he said the vampire was a loyal vampire to Camille. "Yes, you all do? He said that the vampire was loyal to Camille. How is that possible when the vampire was turned after Camille died? Why would Raphael tell us that he was loyal to Camille?." 

"Huh, yeah now that's major." He says, still staring at me. Oh god, why now? 

"That's it for now, I'm going to talk to Raphael." She says starting to walk out of the room.

"Hey Clary, can we talk?" I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn around to face him.

"Yeah, what is it?" I say sighing. I just want to sleep, I've been through enough this past few days. 

"I just wanted to say," He hesitates "That, uh, that after spending time with you I have realised that I still like you." His voice trails off at the  end of his sentence. I can only stare at him. 

A/N

Hope you enjoyed this, with a massive cliffhanger. Who was it? This was 1300 words and I'm hoping to make that my average word count.