Part 4

Simon's POV

I could not believe that Jace would do something like that. Even though it's been a week since Clary portaled here, I still wanted to... I don't know. SOMETHING to make him feel that pain. I just don't know how to. The one thing that I have learnt from this week with Clary is that, I still like her. This just makes me angrier that Clary, someone who loves with their whole heart and wouldn't even think about cheating, was cheated on. By Jace Herondale  of all people. She seems so much better just being here. Maybe she'll get over him. Just maybe. 

Jace's POV

It's been a week without Clary and a week I have officially been Kaelie's boyfriend. For the first few days I was delighted I could be open with her. But I have realised in the last few days, the reason I was happy with her because Clary was still in my life. She was the spark. I thought that was Kaelie. I was very mistaken. 

"Hey, watcha thinking about?" Kaelie asks me drawing me from my thoughts. 

"How the spark of my life is my girlfriend." Only my ex-girlfriend I mentally add. 

"Ohhhhh thats amazing! I never thought I would hear that from you." Kaelie says snuggling up to my chest as we watch a movie. One that I have no interest in and only watching because Kaelie says its a good movie. My thoughts are all about Clary, where is she, who shes with, what shes doing and how she is. But I don't where she is to ask, only Izzy knows where she is. 

Maybe she'll tell me if I break up with Kaelie and actually show worry about where she is. It's not safe anywhere except the Institute with the demons everywhere and growing more and more common. 

Clary's POV

I'm surprisingly fine. Up to my elbows in greasy water washing the dishes, I'm not fine with that. I'm fine that Jace doesn't love me and I don't love him, I love someone else...... but I don't know how to tell them since I don't think they love me. But I think I'm all good to go home. I have learnt how to fight and I can keep training at the Institute, the only problem is Simon still has a month of this year left. I need him and Isabelle to help me. I'll tell the Dean tomorrow that I can go home. 

*Later that night*

Dear Izzy, 

I think I am ready to come home now. Can you please get Magnus ready for a portal? 

Also how are you? Has much changed in the last week or so since I've left? Anyway can you please be there for me when I get back I need to see you. Also have my back if this is a bad idea, although I know I don't need to ask you. 

Thanks, Clary. 

That's it. I'm going home tomorrow. Simon knows that. He is so supportive of me I don't know what I would do without him. 

*The Next Day*

"Hey Magnus." I say excited to get home and see Izzy but sad about leaving Simon. 

"Hi Biscuit, are you sure you want to come home now? I know the pain of a heart break." Magnus asks kindly. 

"Of course I am. I don't like Jace in that way anymore. I like someone else." I tell him mischievously. 

"Ahhhh the best way to get over someone is to fall for another. I like your thinking" He tells me laughing at my tone. I start to laugh as well. You just can't leave someone hanging like that. 

He starts to do his over dramatic flare as he summons the portal. 

"Now. It should only be Izzy at the other end unless she told anyone else, although she wasn't there when I left, oh, and we are going back to my house. You are welcome there it this ends up to be a bad plan."

"Thanks Magnus, it's nice to know I have such good friends. Lets go!" I exclaim.

I walk into the portal and I am still taken by how nauseous it makes me. 

"Izzy, you better have a bucket." I moan as I step out of the shrinking portal.

"Clary..." I hear a familiar voice say, one that is not Izzy's

"OH, well, ah, I'll be in the, um kitchen." Magnus says awkwardly "Good luck Clary, know I'm here for you." he whispers to me.