Part 9-The fight

Alec's POV

I'm sitting next to Magnus as Clary is telling us about what just happened at the Institute. I feel for her, even though I don't know how it feels. Having someone cheat on you just to fight for you? That's just ridiculous. I don't think that is exactly what she thinks but I know Jace and getting into that fight would just mean that he was trying to stand up for her against Simon, why, I could not say. It's not like they are dating. Wait, are they?  I mean, that would explain why she is constantly with him more than usual. 

"Of course you can stay. I made a promise to you that if anything bad happens you can stay." I tune back in to hear Magnus tell her. Before she can answer we hear the door knock, 

"Hey, Clary? I- I know you're in there. Can uh can we talk for a minute?" Simon calls through the door. Clary looks at us with panic in her eyes. They might be dating, or close to it. Magnus and I look at each other before nodding at her. 

"Just go, maybe he is just apologising" I say comforting her. 

Yeah, yeah maybe." She says as she gets up. Walking over to the door We hear Simon start to talk again, 

"It won't take long, I just- uhm, just need to talk to you." This is unlike him, he usually knows how to talk without stuttering, last time he stuttered was, oh god. Clary looks back at us but we gesture for her to continue. She reaches the door and takes a deep breath. When she opens the door Simon looks like he was about to walk off. 

"Uh, lets go outside, I need some air." She tells him. They walk outside together and when the door closes I look at Magnus. 

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I tell him. 

"Oh yes. I believe we might have found who Clary likes." He says 

"And who likes Clary, last time Simon stuttered when trying to talk to someone was when he and Izzy were dating. Let's hope Jace doesn't find out about this, he doesn't like Simon as anyway."

*ding* 

My phone buzzes and I look down to read it and see that it's from Jace and was sent to all of us, just not Simon. 

"Looks like their conversation has been cut short. We have a mission, one of the Vampires in the Hotel Dumort has gone rogue." I say "We need everyone except Simon since he is still training. That includes you to portal us in and out." 

"Just needed as the Portaler I see" He sighs. Just as I was about to answer Clary and Simon walk back into the room. 

"Simon, you're staying here. You weren't sent the text so you aren't needed." Clary is telling him

"Jace just doesn't like me that's why he didn't send it to me." He counters. 

"Well this mission needs to be in partners so having 5 would be pointless. Stay behind Simon, yes you helped us in saving the world from Sebastian but you're still human and we are going up against Vampires. Not only a Vampire but a rogue." I interject

*At the Dumort* 

We managed to get Simon to agree to stay back. We just left the Hotel after talking to Raphael Santiago the leader of this clan. He says the rogue was someone loyal to Camille but no one knew. He told us that the most likely place he would go was a blood bar. More specifically the one that Camille owed. 

"Clary and I will go around the back while you and Izzy go round the front." Jace says taking command. 

"How about, you and I go together as we are taking down a rogue vampire and we are parabatai." I say, Clary giving me a look of thanks. 

"That works too. Let's go." He says starting to walk around the back of the building Thank god there are only 2 entries  As we walk closer Jace starts to talk 

"Why did you go with me?" 

"We're Parabatai." I say giving him a look that said why are you asking.

"I wanted to talk to Clary though. I know during a mission isn't the best of times but she couldn't walk away from me." He says

"That's the other reason." I say "She doesn't want to talk to you, just drop it. It's obvious that she doesn't want anything to do with you right now. Pushing it will cause you to have to wait longer if you are patient, who knows? You might be able to talk to her next week." 

"When did you get so smart?" He asks jokingly 

"When you date a warlock as old as Magnus you learn a thing or two." I reply "Now lets concentrate on getting this rogue." 

Just as we reach the door we hear a massive bang resonate through the already open walkway. Like a table being thrown and hitting the floor. We walk through the doorway with our seraph blades out in front. Walking down the hallway we hear another bang coming from the room to our left. It was dark in here, the only light being the light from our blades. The windows are boarded up as the mundanes think the building is abandoned. 

Walking into the room on our left I see the light from the girls blades. And a dark shape hiding in the corner. I nudge Jace and nod my head over to the corner so that he knows. I see the girls indicated to the wooden window just above their heads that would shine the sunlight perfectly on the are around the vampire so that he couldn't escape. I slowly and quietly raise my bow and aim at the window. I look for the most rotten spot that would be the easiest to break and crumble when I hear a roar come from the vampire who was looking at me and where my bow was aimed. Just as he began to run towards me I shot my arrow, it hit the window just as the vampire reached the area the sun would shine. He hissed at us realising he was trapped. 

"What do you want Shadowhunters, I have done nothing wrong." 

"Well, according to your clan leader you went rogue. It is also clear that you did as shown by the carnage in the front room. You know that is punishable by death." Clary says. 

"I just came here, that wasn't me." He growls looking at us in the eye. 

"You've been missing for 5 days, those bodies? Been missing for 3 days." Izzy says. "Or at least been dead for 3 days." 

We successfully captured the vampire and took him back to the institute for more questioning. 

"Clary, come on," I hear Jace say. Not this again. He hasn't learnt.

A/N

So I have made this longer its 1100 words. I'm happy. I hope you enjoyed Alec'c POV