Part 14- Gavin Anderson

A/N 

I wasn't sure on writing this in Gavin's POV or getting to know him. So I thought more getting to know him, I might make some references to the book series I got him from but I won't make him entirely about that series. It will have tidbits about the people and what he did. Just thought that you guys would like a prewarning in case they don't understand a phrase. I'm also explaining some parts that are explained in the actual book in case you are going to read it. With Gavin this is all before the 4th book as well. This is also during the time that Izzy and Alec were at the Hotel Dumort with Raphael. Sorry for the long A/N.  

Clary's POV

I was having a great time. Gavin was a great person to talk to. Even if we were relying on Magnus for topics. He was very passionate about what he was talking about. Sometimes we forgot about Magnus until he coughed since we were getting to into the argument or topic and leaning across the table and causing a scene. 

"So Gavin, why did you move down here?" I ask him to distract him from what we were talking about.

"My then girlfriend decided that she wanted to move. I suggested her and she gave me the 'Look'. Ya know the Look. I must've made a bad mistake. I think it was something about her twin brother and she didn't want to talk to me for a long time. That just kind of fizzled out. I know that seems ridiculous but that is what happened. Anyway I moved over here and doing some business caused me to meet Alec. And through him a gorgeous lady that I like." He tells me, I try to stop my face turn a shade matching my hair but by his laugh a know I failed.

"What kind of business?" I ask curious about how it would cause him to meet Alec. He just looks at me for a second. 

"Okay, so I'm gonna bring up a memory for you, I don't know how you're gonna take it though. So Alec told me when you first met Jace you asked about zombies, do you remember?" He says. My face has definitely lost some of the red and was turning back to normal, if not paler. That was a bad time. All I could do was nod my head. 

"He said that zombies were only down south, I lived in Georgia, the south. I then moved to Alabama even further south. Ya know where I'm heading?" I nod my head 

"Kind of." I say

"Well. Back in Alabama I was part of a crew that hunted zombies. Only a few people could see them and they also only come out at night. Coming up here I thought I would get a break but I didn't. The business that got me meeting Alec was that I was trying to recruit people for a crew here. I thought he was a slayer but apparently he only has the sight, not the ability to fight them." He continued 

"He's an amazing fighter, how does he not have the ability to fight them?" I say confused. At this point I see Magnus walk away on his phone. 

"To be a slayer you have to be able to see them and to be able to fight in your spirit. I'm not the best at explaining this. But they are in another realm. One that we can't touch while we are in the human body. You have to leave and be in spirit." I nod my head  kind of getting what he says.

"Zombies are most like the demons you fight. They are ruthless and one drop of the toxins they carry you will die if not given the antidote." He says.

"Are you sure you're not a shadowhunter? Has Alec tested you?" I ask, I want him to be a shadow hunter. I want to see him in battle. "Would I seem zombies?" I ask slowly as I realise that I might be able to see them.