Part 16

Simon's POV

I watch as Clary walks up to her room. She really doesn't want to talk to me. I knew she would eventually but I broke her trust. When we were younger we made a deal to never interrupt a date. I didn't realise she was on a date. 

"Come on. You should head to bed" I hear Jace tell me. I blink as I find out that I've been staring into nothing. 

"Yeah, I may as well. Seeya tomorrow Jace" I say. We have surprisingly gotten to know each other over the past few weeks and become friends. I would of thought that since we both want Clary that we would fight and hate each other even more. 

I'm walking back up to my room and as I walk past Clary's room all I could hear was exclamations of horror coming from Clary. I couldn't make out the words but I could hear the fear in her voice. I chose to ignore it. I broke her trust already today I won't do it again by eavesdropping. 

I continue going to my room and do my usual routine when I hear a knock on my door. 

"Simon this is an emergency, how do you delete a voicemail before someone listens to it?" I hear Izzy ask me through the door. 

"Um, that's not possible. Why? What happened?" I ask. I don't get a response all I get is the muffled sound of Izzy cursing. 

"Doesn't matter." She says. I hear her steps fading away as she walks the opposite direction from where her room was. 

I just shake my head and get into bed. 

The next morning I wake up and go search for Clary. I couldn't find her anywhere. The only person I could find was Alec. 

"Hey Simon, who are you looking for?" He asks me as I rushed into the library and then turned to leave once I got a look around.

"Clary. have you seen her?" I respond

"Yeah, she was panicking and asking if you could delete a voicemail and when I told her no she asked where Gavin was, I think she went to see him." He tells me. 

I know that I wouldn't be able to talk to her before the meeting so I just went back to my room and thought over what I would say to her. 

I would say that I still liked her and wanted to go out with her. But extend on it. Time went by very fast until I looked at the clock and realised that the meeting would be starting in 5 minutes. I hoped  that Clary would be there earlier. 

I was walking down the corridor and walked into the kitchen. Everyone was there. 

"Ok, since we are all here let's get started." Jace says. He then gestures to Izzy and Alec.

"Does everyone know the situation that we were in a couple of weeks ago with the vampire at the blood den." Izzy pauses and waits for us to nod, I didn't since I wasn't there. "Well. Raphael didn't remember sending us. We went back the next day and questioned him about the rogue. It turns out that he was being mind controlled. It also happened to Alec. We then went to Magnus about it," 

"That's why he had to leave." I hear Clary mutter.

"And found out that there is a warlock that is able to mind control people for long periods of time. Also that this warlock is relatively young. Being only 80 years old. We have to stop him before he gets what he wants. His name is Malcolm" She tells us all. 

"What does he want?" Jace asks 

"That we don't know yet." 

"Why did that vampire say Maureen though?" I call out.

"We think that since the warlock knows how to mind control that he was protecting himself."

"Why would Malcolm tell us about that rogue vampire though? Did he want to distract us?" Clary asks.

"Oh, I had not thought of that. Until we find out, we will research anything we can come across." 

"Hey Clary, are you free to talk now?" I ask her. She glances over at Izzy and she just nods at her. 

"Yeah, I guess. Let's head over to the library, there's something I want to get from there." She says.

We start to walk over to the library when I begin talking. 

"Ok, so you know what I told you last time we met?" I ask.

"Yeah. I do. When you're done I have to say something also." She tells me quickly. Like she doesn't want to do it.

"Go on, I can wait." I say she will lose her nerve by the time I have finished.

"Are you sure?" I just nod. "Ok, well I do remember what you said last meeting. But do you remember how Alec asked me if I was still heading out with him?" I nod again, "Well. He was taking me out to see one of his friends who has the Sight." She pauses and takes a deep breath. "That was the guy that you saw me with." 

"Gavin?" 

"Yeah. Well I actually have feelings for him. I was going to talk to you about it when I got back from the lunch but I was distracted very distracted. I'm sorry Simon." 

I didn't say anything until we reached the library.

"What were you going to tell me?" I ask I need to know.

"Are you sure you want me to tell you?" I look at her and just nod. I can see the pain in her eyes. So I look away.

"Ok, well I was going to tell you that I liked you." My eyes shot straight to hers. She didn't meet mine. "But after the lunch and the past few weeks I realised that the feelings were rebound. I'm so sorry." She tells me 

It turns out I didn't need to know. 

A/N

OK, hope you enjoyed this, I had writers block so I took a while.