Part 21

Clary's POV

It was only night now. I did not know what time I arrived here today. Yesterday? I don't know. All I know is that I found out what Malcolm wants while here but I also found out what he is using to mind control people in the library. I put it on the desk. No one looks on the desk anymore. I only use the desk when I'm in a hurry. 

I hope that the others find it. I won't be able to fight it without the materials needed. 

Malcolm still hasn't been back since that last visit. I have had only that tray of food that was served by the guard. After eating that I attempting to get comfortable but in a dim room that has nothing in it? Very difficult. The ground was cold and hard. Just when I get into a comfortable spot I feel the cold seeping into my bones. 

Giving up on getting comfortable I pace. 

Back and forth, back and forth. 

The constant monotonous movements made me bored. Occasionally I would attempt to unlock the door with my stele just to do something. 

I wasn't surprised when every time my stele only emitted a small  spark and nothing happened. 

Back to pacing. 

No matter what I did I was stuck. My only hope was that the others would be able to find out what I found out and get me out of here. 

My legs were getting sore and tired. I'm not doing any help with this constant pacing. Finally I collapse onto the floor. Back into that corner. This time I was able to find a comfortable position and fell asleep instantly. 

xX---Xx

I wake to light. The door was open. I look around to see if this was a trap. There was nothing different in the room. 

I clumsily get to my feet. I must've slept for a while. I stumble towards the door and take a look outside. 

It was a corridor. The way to my left was a dead end. On my right, a walk that went on and on. I could just see a door down the end. There were no other doors down this corridor. Just patchy stone walls that loomed over head into an arch. I don't know what opened that door but I wasn't going to waste this opportunity. 

I began to slowly make my way down the corridor. As I was walking I realised that there were alcoves within the walls. If I heard someone I could duck into one pretty quickly. 

Just as I thought that sentence I heard someone. The shuffle of footsteps. 

Jumping into the Alcove I find out that they aren't just little nooks in a wall. They are open doors. I look at the room I am in, no one is in here. It looked exactly the same as the one I was in. Only I could see. 

Hearing the footsteps pass this room, I poke my head and looked out to were it went. It was going to my 'room'. I try and draw the silence rune on my arm but it just faded away. I decide I can't wait here.

I take this chance while they are facing away from me and run towards the door. It was a lot closer and just as I was about to reach the door handle I hear a shout and footsteps running to catch up to me. 

I put my hand onto the handle trying to open it when it clicks into place and opens. Hurrying into the room I slam the door shut behind me. I look for a lock on the door but there is none. I decide to just stand to the side of the door and wait for the guy to catch up. I plan on knocking him out before letting others know. 

While I am waiting, I catch my breathe and examine the room I am currently in. It is a massive cavern with a roof that is 15 meters high. There was an elegant chandelier hanging off the roof and was hovering just above a water fountain. Other than those two features there was not much else in the room. Except another door. It was around a 30 meter gap between me and that door. All I had to do was run around the fountain and hope that I don't slip on the water that was failing to fall into the basin at the bottom. 

Wondering whether I should wait for the person or keep going, the door opens. My decision has been made for me. 

Whipping my head back towards the door I quickly study the guy walking into the room. He seems very tense and not at all relaxed like you would have to be when you about to fight someone. He was afraid. 

He glances around the room before his eyes landed on me. His eyes widen before he throws a punch aimed for my face. I leaned backwards and watch the punch hit the air where my face was just. Before even facing him again I kick my legs out and try to hit his feet together. 

Success. He topples to the ground and I throw the first and last punch and knock him out. 

I look to see if he has any keys on him or if there was anything important. 

Nothing. 

Turning away from the unconscious man I walk over to the door fast. I don't want to risk that he hasn't told anyone when he has. 

Carefully making my way over the water I hear the man groan. I turn back to look at him. He was still lying on the ground and his eyes were closed. 

Taking no risks I continue on my way, a little faster now. 

Just reaching the door I reach out and slowly turn the knob. If the man was half awake I didn't want him to know how long he has been out. 

The door didn't creak as I opened it and I considered that a bonus. Opening it wider I look into this new room. I see that it is the same height and width as the other, just the lay out is different.  There were  multiple doors on each wall. The marble floor was done in a way that it made your eyes focus on the other side of the room. 

What was sitting on the other side of the room was a great throne. My heart sank. That great throne with red velvet cushions had the one person I had hoped not to come across sitting upon it. 

"Trying to escape?" Malcolm asks me.