Part 31

Gavin's POV 

I watched as Izzy and Jace went through the portal. I didn't know what to expect. I only dealt with driving to the sight or walking there. Never portaling. I hoped that I would be able to picture clearly where we are heading otherwise I will be lost. I don't want that, I have just found someone to make me want to come back. Not since the last girl. I had moved down here to see how business went and I never thought I would meet Clary. 

She is the light that I needed to get me out of what I was in. I hope that when we rescued her we would be able to talk to her and get her out of Malcolm's grasp and she wouldn't just look at me and think, what was I thinking?

Clary helped me understand how Cole felt when Ali was kidnapped. And Frosty and Bronx. I understand what they went through and I never thought I would go through the pain of finding someone and losing them just as fast. 

God I have never felt like this before. 

She makes my breath quicken when she walks into the room, her personality lights up the room and I don't know how to deal with it. I hope I don't make a fool out of myself when she is around and stumble on my words. She makes me want to be better. Not like the person I was before I met her. 

I think I'm falling for her. And I don't want to be disappointed by not being able to get her back and never seeing her again. I don't think I can live through that.

I notice that Alec and Simon were looking at me and when I met Alec's eyes he gestured for me to go before him. I take a deep breath while approaching the winds and step into the portal with the image clear in my mind. 

The sensation of not standing on the ground yet not in the air was disconcerting. I had no idea about where I was and where my limbs where. 

I was spit out of the whirling winds into the yard of the house and Izzy and Jace grab my arms to stop me from falling to the ground. I only manage to mutter one word before my insides decide they want to come out. 

"That was horrible." I say. Studying the surround. The house was large but not a mansion. It looked quite homey with red brick walls and a porch that had seats set out. But I knew what lay beneath.  

"The first time is the worst." Izzy responds. I turn back to face her.

Before I could answer Alec came through the portal. 

"How do you guys do this?" I ask

"We rarely ever travel using portals. Only when we want to go to Idris or to another institute." Alec explains. 

"Right the country that I never knew existed." I mutter under my breath. 

Before we knew it Simon came tumbling out of the portal. He climbed to his feet as the portal began to disappear behind him. When he was on his feet he gasped in pain. 

"Simon? What's wrong?" Izzy asked confused. 

"I- I don't know." He says between gasps. 

Then blood blooms on his white shirt, in a line at first before growing out.

"Pull your shirt off." Alec demanded. He was always the one to direct attention when someone was injured. 

Simon pulled his shirt off and on his stomach was a slice from one hip to the other. I had a flashback to Ali, before taking note that it wasn't as deep but as we were looking at it, Alec drawing an iratze, there were several more cuts forming on his body. 

"The iratze isn't working." Alec says. "I've got some bandages but not enough to clot the wound." 

I pull off my shirt and give it to him. 

"Use this." Jace and Alec then copies the action and now we have shirts to stem the flow and the bandages to hold them in place. 

"I can't keep going guys, I'll wait here while you find her and kill Malcolm."Simon say still gasping in pain. 

I look at the other three and they nod their heads. 

"I'll go with Alec and we will go to through the front of the house and you two go behind." Jace says taking lead. We all agree and get moving. 

Izzy and I headed behind the house by passing the shed that was next to it. As we were passing the door to the shed we heard a rustle come from inside. I look over at Izzy and she gestures for me to open the door while positioning herself to barge in the second it is open. 

She nods at me to open the door and I door. Flooding the inside with light we see a flash of bright red hair vanish behind the couch. The room was designed just like a spare living room. Only outside in the shed. The couch was facing the door like it was a TV. 

We walk either side of the couch and see Clary. She was hiding behind the couch. She holds her finger up to her mouth stopping us from bombarding her with questions. I freeze. Why isn't she meeting my eyes?

"Are you currently being controlled?" I whisper meeting her eyes. Ok, thank god she is not controlled. She shakes her head. She met my eyes of course she isn't. 

"How do we get to Malcolm?" A flash of panic is visible in her eyes but only for a second before pointing to the house and at that we get up and walk over to the house. 

Continuing the walk we see that the back door was already open. I raise my eyebrow and look over at Izzy. She shrugs and we walk into the house. Directly in front of us were Jace and Alec. 

"Took your time." Jace says before noticing Clary. "Clary, you're safe." 

She just nods her head.

"Hey, why aren't you talking?" I ask getting confused. She looks around the room for a minute before settling on a desk that has a diary and a pen on it. Clary walks over to the desk and picks up the pen and opens the diary. 

He stole my voice, now I can't talk. We have to kill him to get it back. 

We all nod in understanding. 

"Wait, why would he steal your voice?" Jace asks

He lost his control over my voice and only my voice and got sick of me yelling and screaming so he took it.  

"Do you know how to find him?" Izzy asks 

Clary just nods before taking control and leads us to the master bedroom. She moves the bedside table out of the way and we see a trap door. She points down before opening it and jumping down it. 

A/N

Hope you have a great New Year! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Question, have I written in Gavin's POV before? 

The next part will also be in his POV.

Thx for reading!