Part 18

Clary's POV

I wake up from a pungent smell assaulting my nose. I open my eyes to see nothing but darkness. I had no way of telling where the smell was coming from or where I was. The smell was a mix of old warm rubbish and  rot. The only thing I could do was gag.

Trying to remember what happened my mind went blank after Gavin, Alec and I left the cafe. All I could remember was a stinging in my neck and walking slower and slower and the guys didn't notice. Then I must've fainted. 

My eyes had begun to adjust to the darkness and I could make out some shapes. Standing up I see a pile of clothes laying next to where I was. I pick them up and they seem about my size. I look around the room hoping to see more but nothing except the walls. I spin around and see the door behind me. I go up to it and try the handle. I twist it slowly, hoping that if it was unlocked I would be able to surprise them. 

I wasn't shocked to find out the door was locked. I punch the door anyway. How did this happen? I went out for one night with two of my friends. I began to think, did they even notice that I am missing? Did they go to the institute anyway and see?

I walk back to the far corner away from the door and sit down. I sit and wait until the door opens. 

When it finally does open I don't know how long it had been. I was hungry and thirsty. A man walks in wearing a suit. I have to admit he doesn't look to bad. Dark brown hair combed to the side. He has electric blue eyes and dark skin. Around his late 20's 

"Clary, nice to meet you." He says. 

"You seem to have an advantage, you know me and I don't know you." I respond.

"At least I have the pleasure of introducing myself. I am Malcolm. I believe you may have some misconceptions about me." He tells me. "You see, I am powerful. Very powerful. But I mean no harm, at least not to you. I would like you to join me and help me." 

"What do you want?" I ask him, not even going to consider helping him. He doesn't answer, just laughs at my question.

"Why would I tell you what I want before I get a guarantee?" He asks

"Why would I join you without knowing?" I question back.

"Well this is where is gets difficult. You see, I don't need you to be willing. You know that I can control you for a long period of time. Those times with that pesky vampire leader and that Shadowhunter? That was just practice. I can now control someone for longer than that 2-5 hour period. I can control for days on end. So, I don't need you to be willing. I mean I would like you to be, but I don't need you to be." He explains

"That didn't answer my question. Why would I join willingly without knowing what I am joining. I prefer knowing what I'm getting into." I reply. 

"You want to know?" He says. I just stare at him blankly. I just asked. "You want to know what I'm planning? Well, Clary, I am planning on taking over the New York Institute. Hopefully not killing anyone but if I need to I will. I plan on controlling everyone in the institute so that it runs normally but I have free rein over New York. I will get your answer tomorrow." He doesn't give me the chance to respond when he turns around and walks out of the room. 

I was plunged back into the darkness. My eyes had gotten used to the door being open. Blinking trying to help my vision improve. That pile of clothes would be clean. I didn't realise until just then that it was freezing in here and my clothes were covered in mud, How far away am I? 

Picking up the clothes I saw that they were exactly my size and that they were something I would wear. Like it was taken from my wardrobe. The emerald green shirt was the exact one that my mum got me a couple of weeks ago. Even the tear along the collar from where I had an encounter with a Ravenor demon. Nothing bad but still noticeable. The dark blue ripped jeans also fit me. It had the exact same rip in the spot of my faded tan from the summer before. 

Deciding that I had nothing better to do I feel in my pockets to see if my Stele was there. Apparently they trust me enough with my Stele. Or they don't know what I can do with it.

I start drawing a rune that was able to let me share my thoughts with another. Finishing the rune I close my eyes, I usually get a rush of the thoughts of the person I am connecting to, that they want to share. Nothing. Not one thing. I look back down at the rune and see that I didn't stuff it up. They must've done something to the room. 

I head over to the door and try and draw an unlocking rune but that fails as well. I kept my hand on the door and I could feel when it was about to open. I barely had enough time to put my Stele away and jump back to my corner, I managed. 

"Ya food." A gruff voice tells me. The voice matches the person. He had a scruffy beard and that was all I was able to make out when the door shut. The darkness yet again blinded me. I guess I should be prepared for the long stay. 

A/N

This was a little shorter. Hope you enjoyed. 

I'm thinking of writing another story. It would be about a Hybrid girl. Would you read it?