Chapter 28

Pic of Jayden's Mom, Emily --->

Song of the chapter: Open Eyes by Debby Ryan---> (I highly reccommend you listen to it while reading :D)

Chapter 28

"Mom?"

I took a step closer.

"Mom, is that you?" I blinked repeatedly, but nothing changed. Tears were pricking at my eyes.

She furrowed her brow, but her red blotchy eyes still glistened with water.

My hand shook with the cell phone as I pointed to the picture at her. "Th-this... I drew it for you." My voice cracked at the end.

Her eyes widened and she studied my face. Tears began taking a stroll down. "Jayden," she whispered. "Jayden?"

I gave her a huge smile through my forming tears. "Yes, mommy, it's me."

She mirrored my smile, "My baby?"

I got on my knees so we were face to face. "In the flesh."

I hugged her tightly and she threw her arms around my neck. I loosened my grip when I heard her groan. We cried in reunite.

"I can't bel," sobbed my mom, "believe that you f-found me, baby, I'm so sorry..."

"We'll worry about that another time, Mom," I reassured her. "Let's just get you home now."

I stepped back and bumped into someone. I turned to see Aubrey standing there with a smile and silent tears.

I held her hand and kissed her cheek. "Oh and mom I want you to meet my amazing girlfriend, Aubrey."

Aubrey bent down to my mom and they both stared at each other in silence. My mom chuckled and said, "Wow, it's like looking into a mirror. But it's really nice to meet you, sweetie."

"Thanks, same to you, miss," Aubrey replied mannerly.

"Well, let's get you up, mom," I picked her up bridal style and she screamed instantly like she didn't prepare herself for it, starling both Aubrey and I.

"Shit shit shit. I'm sorry, mom! Did I hurt you?" I asked worriedly.

Through moans and groans, she managed to say, "No, baby boy, you just took me by surprise."

"Okay..." I eyed her suspicious and laid her down in the back seat of my car. Aubrey took the passenger and I started up the engine and rode away back to New York.

Something hit me. "Mom?"

"Yes Jayden?"

"Why were you crying and in an alley?" I clenched my fists on the wheel.

I heard silent sobs and felt bad, so I changed my mind. "Actually you know what? Tell me when you're with me AND Dad."

"Will your father want to see me?" she whispered through her tears.

I hit the brake and turned back to look at her. "Are you crazy? He's been waiting for this day for years. He's so depressed, Mom." I paused. "And one more question. Who's P. Greyson?"

"Ummmm. It's Paul Greyson..." she said with shame.

I punched the car door. "I'll be coming back for him." Aubrey stroked my face to calm me down. "Okay, Mom, you just rest. We'll talk more back at the house."

She frowned deeply. "Okay, baby boy."

I continued driving. I glanced to the left to see my girlfriend glancing out the window. I took her hand and held it as I continued steering the wheel. I glimpsed into the rear view mirror to see my mother closing her eyes.

I smiled because at long last, I finally found her.