Chapter 24

Chapter 24

            I’m pregnant. I’m pregnant. I’m pregnant…

            The words echoed through my head as I stared into space. Those were the words at least every teenage boy dreaded to hear from a girl. No, no, no. This couldn’t be happening to me, to Aubrey, to us.

            With my ignorance and lack of response, tears began to leak uncontrollably from Aubrey’s eyes. “Jayden. Jayden, say something!”

            I remained silent.

            “Jayden!” she cried. “Fine! Say nothing. Ya know this is also another reason why I had to reject you just now while I could. Because I know you would leave me and have nothing to do with it once you found out.”

            I snapped out of my trance and stared at her in disbelief. “Really? Do you really think that low of me?” I questioned in a low voice.

           When she didn’t respond, I continued, “I’m taken back by what you said. How could you say that? After everything we…” I took a deep breath to calm myself down before I ended up yelling at her. “Aubrey, how long did you know about this?”

             “Like a week ago,” she whispered. “My period was late and we had sex like three times, so I bought a pregnancy test and it came out… positive. Then I did two more to make sure and they were positive. And I didn’t tell anyone either.”

             I brought her hand to my lips and pecked it. “One, we didn’t have sex. We made love.” I took her face in my hands and brought my face close to hers. “Two, you were on your own for only a week. We’re going through the rest of this together.”

             Aubrey’s eyes watered again as she placed her hand over one of mine on her face. “You mean it?” her voice broke.

            “Every word I say is true, this I promise you,” I quoted from the ‘N Sync song.

           She was at loss for words. But actions speak louder than words. As she closed the distance between us, my world felt complete again. I felt accepted. I believed I would be hers again.

            I pulled away from her lips all too soon. Half-smiling, I confronted her, “I thought you didn’t want me.”

            She stroked my hair. “I tried. But I’ll always want you,” she admitted.

            “I’m irresistible, of course,” I teased.

            She rolled her eyes, but she couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her lips. “Way to ruin the moment, Jayden Lowe.”

            “Way to correct the moment, Jayden Lowe,” I edited her as I brought my hands to her waist. I couldn’t resist pulling her in for another kiss.

            To prevent awkward positions, Bree jumped into my lap, straddling me. “I missed you,” Aubrey murmured.

             I embraced her tightly. “Well, that’s not going to ever happen again because I’m never letting you go.”

            “Pinky promise?” Aubrey smiled.

            “Pinky promise.”

            I held her in my arms for ten minutes as we silently reunited, that’s until her stomach grumbled. I chuckled as I turned off the engine. “C’mon, let me go treat you to some iHOP.”

            As I helped her out of the car, she squealed. “Eeeeep! Okay, I want Belgian waffles or maybe the cheesecake pancakes, no, I’ll get both!!!”

            “Jesus, pregnant ladies are so needy,” I teased her.

            “But you’re glad to help,” she squeezed my hand.

            “That I am, baby, that I am.”

            Aubrey got onto her tiptoes and whispered into my ear, “Pregnant ladies are also known for getting very hormonal.”

            I felt a twitch in my jeans. I gulped, “I am here to fulfill those need, ma’am. Ugh, you’re making Charlie wanting to sit up.”

            “Really?” she asked with amusement.

            I grunted. “After iHOP, I’m taking you, right then, on the backseat of my car.”

            “I’ll be there,” she winked at me.

            That just complicated things. I wrapped my arms around Aubrey from behind as we walked so Charlie wouldn’t be seen.

            Probably feeling the poke from behind, Aubrey turned around and looked down with wide eyes, “Jayden!”

            Blushing, I shrugged. “You’re very attractive.”

            ~2 hours later~

            Throughout this whole time, I was driving with one hand on the steering wheel and the other intertwined with Aubrey’s hand.

            Suddenly, Bree questioned, “Wait, where are we going?”

            I couldn’t muffle the chuckle that escaped my lips. “Only over two hours later you finally ask that?!”

            “Hey, I was caught up in the moment with you!” she defended herself.

            “Reasonable excuse,” I smirked. Then my eyes darkened and my voice lowered. “I’m going to do something that I should have done a long time ago.”

            “And that is…” Aubrey skeptically began.

            “We’re in your hometown, Boston, Aubrey,” I informed her. My face twisted into a mischievous grin. “Time to play with a boy named Liam.”

____________________________________

Song of the chapter: This I Promise You by 'N Sync <3

Pic: Jayden and Aubrey hugging <3 <3    

I am terribly sorry for the horribly late upload!!!!!!!! D; I was off from school this whole week since it's regents week for high school in NYC :D SO I convinced and motivated myself to upload, Even though its short, its sweet and I hope you enjoyed it! <3

Apologies for the cliffhanger ^~^

Vote, comment, fan :D

~Tarika, rawrrrr :-*