Chapter 21

Chapter 21

**Jayden**

            When I came home that night, I went straight to my bedroom, ignoring questioning glances from my father. I locked myself in and remained there for a week. I kept my phone off and rejected visits from my friends. Which brings me to where I am right now.

            It was Monday morning, a bright, sunny day that I hated. My world wasn’t luminous anymore, well, at least not without Aubrey. Even thinking about her name hurt.

            I slumped down on the stool at the kitchen island, where my Dad was sipping coffee. I began to speak to him, “I finally understand how you felt when Mom left.”

            Dad took a peek at me and looked down, “Yeah, I’ve noticed.”

            “It sucks like dick,” I ranted on. “It’s like I lost half of myself. I just don’t feel like… anything anymore.”

            “Her loss,” he muttered.

            “But I deserved this. I cheated on her.”

            “No, you didn’t,” Dad corrected me. “It was a stupid misunderstanding. She’ll get over it eventually.”

            “No, she won’t,” I denied. “I broke promises. She’ll never forgive me.”

            “Yes, she wi---”

            “Can you stop trying to make things better for me? I deserve this,” I repeated.

            Dad held up his hands in surrender. “Fine, fine. If that’s what you want. She is never going to forgive you and you’re going to die alone.”

            “How can you say that?” I exploded. “I’m your son! You’re supposed to cheer me up and help me.”

            “You know what?” Dad slammed his mug into the sink and grabbed his car keys. “I’m going to go to work now and you just move on, son.” He went out the door, leaving me alone as I belong.

            Letting out a deep sigh, I gathered myself some Cheerios and milk.  As I was halfway through, I realized that I would have to face everyone at school today for the first time in a week. I knew that the news about me and Aubrey’s break-up would have spread throughout the school already. Taking in my last spoonful, I tried to build confidence. Nothing will hold me back.

            ~

            I purposely got to school late so I wouldn’t have to sit next to Aubrey in homeroom or sit in our English group together. I didn’t have any intentions to socialize with anyone either.

            As I walked into the silent hallways, I made out a figure waiting at my locker. Squinting, I saw it was the last person on the face of the Earth I would ever want to see.

            My first thought was to pretend she wasn’t there. I went with that. As I spun in my combination, my mind wondered why Rachelle was here. I thought she was suspended.

            “Well, my suspension week is over.” I searched for the books I needed today. “How mature, Jayden. What, I’m getting the silent treatment now?” Rachelle rolled her eyes. “Grow up. If that person really loved you, she would have forgiven you for your mistake by now.” She gave me a smirk that showed she knew something I didn’t.

            The bell for rang signaling the end of the period. Students began filing out of the classrooms and into the hallways. “So are you okay?” she continued.

            I laughed a cold-hearted laugh. “You’re fucking with me, right?” I grasped her arm and pulled her closer to me. “No, Rachelle. I’m not fucking okay. You see, this heartless bitch decided to send the girl I loved a certain picture, which had lead to certain consequences.”

            Rachelle stared at my tight hold on her arm. There was actually a slight fear in her eyes. “What are you going to do, Jayden? Hit me, Mr. Badass?”

            People were staring. I realized the chatter that had begun to build up a few minutes ago was getting lower and lower. A certain blond I could spot in any crowd was watching from a distance. I immediately let go of Rachelle and slammed my lockers shut. Whispering had started as I made my way to the side of the school opposite the lab room. There was no way I could be Aubrey's lab partner yet. I guess I was cutting another class today.  

              I was in the library. My back was resting against a shelf in an aisle no one really bothered to look at, so I was good.   I had skipped all my classes that I had before my lunch period, which was next period. All those classes held Aubrey. Enough said.   

              My stomach made the decision of whether I should skip lunch or not when it grumbled in some foreign language. Lunch it is.  I pushed myself off the rugged floor and snuck past the librarian and out the door. I took my time as I descended down the stairs to the cafeteria.  

              As I stood outside the cafeteria door, I brought my hood over my head to remain unnoticed by anyone in there. I took in a huge breathe and stepped inside the cafeteria. Keeping my head down and without making any eye contact, I walked past a couple of tables and onto the lunch line, which thankfully wasn't long yet. I took a slice of pizza, a brownie, and chocolate milk. I chose a vacant table by the window and plopped down there.

             I felt so lonely.

             I took out my iPod and popped my earphones into my ears. What I needed right now was some hardcore rock music to get lost in.

            Before I turned the volume up, I looked straight ahead at the cafeteria entrance. And what stood before my eyes was an image of betrayal and complete hurt.

            My mouth literally fell open. I gawked at the sight of Aubrey and Luke walking into the cafeteria, hand-in-hand.

            Unbefuckinglievable.

_________________________________________

Song of the chapter: D; What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts  --->

Pic: a broken heart </3

*TEARS* This chapter is sad, verwy sad. Any thoughts on what Aubrey and Luke are doing?-.- Comments about lonely Jayden? :(

<----- Click the pwetty widdle orange button. <3

Goodnight, Tarika.

IN THE EXTERNAL LINK IS MY HORROR/ROMANCE STORY, DISTURBED AVALANCHE. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND LEAVE VOTES AND COMMENTS! IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME! THANKS! <3 <3 <3