Chapter 26

Chapter 26

            “Liam? Are you okay?” the man asked.

            “Kind of,” Liam sputtered.

            The man looked at Aubrey, “Aubrey Landon? Is that you?”

            Aubrey gave him a small smile. “Yeah. Hey, Paul.”

            Paul hugged Aubrey. “I haven’t seen you in so long. How are you, sweetheart?”

            Throughout the whole exchange, I just stared at him. He looked so familiar…

            “And who are you?”

            I snapped out of my mind. “I said who are you, boy?” Paul demanded.

            I gulped. “I’m with Aubrey.”

            He pointed to Liam. “Did you do that to my son?”

            “I’m sorry, sir, but I was just defending Aubrey. And he beat me, too.”

            “What is your name?” he looked me square in the eye.

            Sweat formed on my forehead. “Um, J-Jayden Lowe.”

            Paul’s eyes widened. “Lowe? Wait wait wait, Lowe as in your father Drew Lowe?”

            “Um yeah… How do you know my father?”

            A smile formed on his face. “Ohmygod, Jayden, don’t you remember me? It’s me, Paul, your dad’s old best friend.”

            I exclaimed, “So that’s why you look so familiar!”

            Paul had a hand out for a man hug. “How’ve you been? We haven’t seen you in years!” I said.

            He laughed nervously. “I’ve been fine. Was your mom ever found, did she ever come back?”

            My heart dropped. “No.” I narrowed my eyes. “Never.”

            “Whoa, calm down, boy. I was just asking. She was my friend, too.”

            I was about to respond, but the sound of things crashing from the basement interrupted us. I swore I heard Paul mutter under his breath “this bitch!”

            Aubrey furrowed her eyebrows. “I thought only you and your dad lived in here, Liam.”

            Paul butted in. “We do. It must’ve been a mouse. I’ll go check it out.”

            Liam got up and gestured at the door. “I think it’s about time you two leave now.”

            “Suits me well.” I grabbed Aubrey’s hand and we ran out. “Something feels weird,” I told her as I opened the car door for her.”

            I went to my side and started up the car. “Why?” she asked.

            I began driving. “I don’t know, I just have those feelings.”

            Something then just hit my head. My dad didn’t tell everyone my mom went missing and left. He only told her family. Everyone else who asked, he just said she left the family.

             Then why the fuck did Paul ask if she was ever found?! How the fuck did he know?!

            “HOLY FUCKING SHIT!” I yelled.

            “WHAT?!” Aubrey screamed startled.

            I apologized and told her, “Sorry I scared you, baby, but I’ll explain in a second. But tell me something. What is Liam’s last name?”

            “Um Greyson…” she answered unsure.

            I made a sharp U-turn. Anger was boiling inside of me. “Why are we heading back??” she shrieked.

            I explained to her everything.

            It seems that we found our P. Greyson.

            Paul.

 _______________________________________________________________

omg guys don't kill me! I'm back. no i didn't die. i've been busy with school, regents, and i got a boyfriend who is the sweetest guy on the planet <3 

but anyways shit just got real. what do u think will happen next?

comment fan vote, i love you D; <3